Ultra light hunter

ejg223

My lovely light weight 243 had to give way to our tactical stock project and a heavy border barrel was fitted.

Now that the doe season started I wanted a light 250yd max rifle. We had the old 243 sporter barrel from my old remmy lying around which had only done maybe 400 rnds and an old bottom metall. I spoke to Fergal White and he had a few new remmy actions on the shelf.

I applied the 3D method (decide, delegate, disappear), sent the barrel to Fergal, asked my son to try out a new resin and make the lightest possible stock....and went on holidays. All was done when I came back, I finished the stock and put it together.

The stock is the lightest we have ever made, weighing 20.5 Oz ~ 570grams with the same ammount of fibers as our standard production. Even fitted myself the little "kaiser grip" which I like for a run-around rifle mostly used for off-hand shooting.

The rifle complete without scope weighed around 5.7 lb. I fitted my 2.5-10x50 illuminated Kaps which is my favourite shorter range scope and is not too heavy. Tried out duracoat tac woodland brown, maybe the traditional stalkers will be fooled and let me shoot with them :rolleyes: .

edi

DSCN6275.jpg

DSCN6279.jpg

DSCN6282.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What's the total weight when you put scope and rings on?

I'll see if I can weigh the whole thing tomorrow. Scope weighs 585grams according to the brochure..

Anyway blooded her last Sunday with a little spike.

edi

Archived