Titanium Moderators

You arnt allowed to say titanium and reasonable cost in the same sentance , its against the law. There was a company pushing one or two on the forum a while back but they were stupid m0oney and never seemed to take off, think the company was OPEN SEASON but i may be wrong.

Hi,

My experience of titanium mods. is that they obviously save weight, they have a 'ring' to them when shooting and they heat up in double quick time. Not a problem when hunting but no good for range use and string shooting. Wildcat now supply titanium diffusers for their mods. and there are a variety of carbon fibre/ceramic models about to come onto the market,

Alan

I'll second that, if you are going to use it for stalking it's light, doesn't rust, doesn't flame cut, and the Laurence Precision I have is neat looking on the rifle.BUT it's pants for any sort of shooting that involves any volume of fire. After 15 rounds over a fifteen minute detail the barrel on my 6.5x47 was over heating from the muzzle end there was so much heat transferred by the titanium mod into the barrel.I have since bought a Spartan from Thirdeyetactical for the 6.5x47 which barely heats at all over the same course of fire.Plus you could have 3 of them for the price of a LP!!.

Archived