advice on shooting 1000 yards

Iam off to Bisley this month to try my hand at 1000 yards,I just have enough adjustment with the BT on my Z6i to get me on the board without having to re adjust my hunting setting which is quite handy,

I dont have adjustable windage so will have to guess :o my comfort zone has always been 500 yards so this should be an education

Are you shooting your 7WSM?

If you are you will need to carry out a HME test before shooting at 1000 yards to prove zero that you will hit the stop butt.

Just go to the range office before you start shooting and ask for an F class HME card, they will also explain what you need to do.

Also do you have HME on your shooter certification card as they will probably ask and may not allow you to shoot the rifle without it.

Have a great day it is a real challenge especially if you shoot the F class target. The standard NRA one is very forgiving with a 2 moa bull.

Cheers

Dave

Are you shooting your 7WSM?

If you are you will need to carry out a HME test before shooting at 1000 yards to prove zero that you will hit the stop butt.

Just go to the range office before you start shooting and ask for an F class HME card, they will also explain what you need to do.

Also do you have HME on your shooter certification card as they will probably ask and may not allow you to shoot the rifle without it.

Have a great day it is a real challenge especially if you shoot the F class target. The standard NRA one is very forgiving with a 2 moa bull.

Cheers

Dave

yes I will be using my 7mm and also my 243 AI I havnt got an HME card as Ive only been in the past as a guest,furthest Ive shot paper is 600 yards and that wasnt difficult,I think 1000 will be more challenging

yes I will be using my 7mm and also my 243 AI I havnt got an HME card as Ive only been in the past as a guest,furthest Ive shot paper is 600 yards and that wasnt difficult,I think 1000 will be more challenging

It doesn't matter wether you are a guest or not if you are shooting a high muzzle energy HME rifle you need to carry out a HME pre zero test to legally shoot it at Bisley.

The .243 AI will be fine however.

It is a challenge indeed and becomes addictive.

Cheers

Dave

No joke Pete.

The F Class target has a 1 MOA 5 ring and 1/2 MOA bull.

Trickier than the standard target.

600 will feel like 100 yds after shooting 1000.

Once you go beyond 800 the wind becomes "difficult"...

No joke Pete.

The F Class target has a 1 MOA 5 ring and 1/2 MOA bull.

Trickier than the standard target.

600 will feel like 100 yds after shooting 1000.

Once you go beyond 800 the wind becomes "difficult"...

so the f class target has a 10 inch 5 ring and a 5 inch V bull ?? that dont seem to bad if i can get into the 5 ring I will be well happy,as you say the wind conducts the day

Hi,

I am at Bisley most weekends and am a HME RCO. If you need a hand with the HME zeroing procedures please do not hesitate to contact me,

Regards

Alan

thats great thanks a lot,what would i need to do ?? Iam set up for 500 yards and have run the numbers through swarovski ballistic programme to get me out to 1000 as i said i have just enough clicks on the BT

thats great thanks a lot,what would i need to do ?? Iam set up for 500 yards and have run the numbers through swarovski ballistic programme to get me out to 1000 as i said i have just enough clicks on the BT

Hi,

You will need to get an HME zeroing target from the Range Office at Bisley and then head for the zeroing range. Using the aiming mark at the bottom of the target your shots should fall into the correct 'bracket' for the chosen distance. This has supposedly been worked out scientifically. The target is then filed at the Range Office. Does the club you are shooting with have a HME qualified RCO? If you do the zeroing procedure on the Saturday it is still valid for the Sunday, hope this is of some help. It sounds more complicated than it is in practice,

Cheers

Alan

Hi,

You will need to get an HME zeroing target from the Range Office at Bisley and then head for the zeroing range. Using the aiming mark at the bottom of the target your shots should fall into the correct 'bracket' for the chosen distance. This has supposedly been worked out scientifically. The target is then filed at the Range Office. Does the club you are shooting with have a HME qualified RCO? If you do the zeroing procedure on the Saturday it is still valid for the Sunday, hope this is of some help. It sounds more complicated than it is in practice,

Cheers

Alan

ah i see so you shoot it at 100 yards and your bullet should drop into the correct section ???

You ctually shoot it at something like 20 yards on the HME zero range.

the target is about a foot long, with aim point at base,, ajust from your normal zero to your 1000 yds solution and fire three shots at the aim point.

Your shots will (or should) fall into the "safe" area of the target to indicate your fall of shot at 1000 will be safe on the backstop.

It will become clear when you do it....

the target is about a foot long, with aim point at base,, ajust from your normal zero to your 1000 yds solution and fire three shots at the aim point.

Your shots will (or should) fall into the "safe" area of the target to indicate your fall of shot at 1000 will be safe on the backstop.

Hi,

Ronin put it nice and clearly, if I remember correctly the zero range is about 22 yards. The targets are scaled to give the correct elevation for your chosen distance, they are also marked with scaled moa's so you know how much adjustment to make,

Cheers

Alan

Hi,

Ronin put it nice and clearly, if I remember correctly the zero range is about 22 yards. The targets are scaled to give the correct elevation for your chosen distance, they are also marked with scaled moa's so you know how much adjustment to make,

Cheers

Alan

thats great thanks very much I have a better understanding of it now,you never know I may take it up this paper punching,wouldnt that be a laugh

Archived