A Good Mornings Varminting.

stag1933

Hi Spider.

We had a good shoot with 34 Rifles, one Lady and 33 Gents.

Once again mastershot Alan Edwards had a full house 120 ex 120 [30+90.] and took the M.Newby Decanter.

In second place was Philip Ridge wih 118 [30+88.]

Third was Andrew Corney with 118 [29+89.] Andrew took the Norwest Shield.

I was 7th with 116 [30+88.] but had the smallest group of the day on the grouping target.

Range officers were Zaitsev 5th with 117 [29+88.] and Ratwhiskers 116 [28+88.]

Ratty also came first out of 61 entries on the 120 yard pool shoot.

Weather was excellent, next shoot is on June 17th., same place, similar time.

Will pop up on May 13th and see you as usual.

Regards HWH.

Was again lead astray by my rifle and RAV 4 this morning.

Woke up at 4 AM and thought Roe or Corbies, being geriatric and lazy now I went for the soft option.

Took a couple of painkillers and managed to get off to sleep.

Got up at 8 and after brek. went for a drive in the RAV 4 .

Got 4 shots and middled them all.

Broke the Classic 100 at last and total now is 103.

Pic. of 100th.

P1000427.jpg

Guest 308Panther

Aint sure if ya guys knew this or not...

But Crows have been linked into the spreading of

West Nile Virus....

So by all means...Keep poppin Crow.

and Handle the Splatters with care.

308Panther

Control thself `colin` or I will have to tell everyone that recently thou didst kill TWO Foxes with one bullet.

I was lucky recently and got two Carrions with one shot but I`ve never managed to bag TWO Bushytails with a single bullet !!!

• 3 weeks later...

An enjoyable and memorable morning out !

Went to a local estate for a shot but only saw one Carrion and it would not sit for a shot.

Went down to the BIG SHED, a multi. purpose unit which can be a Turkey unit prior to Xmas, a Lambing shed in Spring or a Sheep shearing station this week.

The estate Head Stalker/farmer Martin was there with his son getting ready for the clipping. Whilst we talked a Magpie briefly appeared but took off before I could get a shot. About 200 yards up a bank a Jacky was poking about in the longish grass and young Shaun the son said `CANSTER HIT THAT `, pointing at a Carrion which had just landed there.

`AH`L HEVE A GO IF THOU PROMISES NUT TO ROWL ONT GRUND LAUGHING IF AH MISS` sez me.

Rifle poked out of window, parralax set to 200 yds and a gentle tweak of the trigger and two birds flew away!!

`MISSED THE BUGGER` sez I.

`NO THOU GOT HIM` said Martin and opened up the back of his pick-up. Out jumped a Black Lab, Martin opened the gate and waved his arm and said `GITON` to the dog which scampered up the bank.

After three or four arm waving motions by Martin the Lab. sat down. `FETCHIM` shouted Martin and the Masterdog picked up the Carrion and galloped back to us and set it at our feet.

A truly enjoyable experience which made my day !!!!P1010021.jpg

Archived