tikka 590 semi custom project

Offroad Gary

i have a nice tikka 590 in 22-250 which i am considering a semi custom job...

I have r93's in .243 my foxing rifle and 25-06 for stalking (myself and foreign clients - wouldnt let one walk behind me with a conventional turnbolt), and a sako 75 which is being rebarelled in 6.5x47l which will be my rifle for stalking and plinking/playing etc..

any thoughts on what to do with the tikka and perhaps some pictures of custom tikka for inspiration..

cheers in advance

I have r93's in .243 my foxing rifle and 25-06 for stalking (myself and foreign clients - wouldnt let one walk behind me with a conventional turnbolt), and a sako 75 which is being rebarelled in 6.5x47l which will be my rifle for stalking and plinking/playing etc..

any thoughts on what to do with the tikka and perhaps some pictures of custom tikka for inspiration..

cheers in advance

Hmmm, choices choices.

I've got 2..... a 595 which started out as a stainless/synthetic in 243, which is now .260 with Shilen S/S 1:9 barrel , McM Sako Varmint Stock, Near Alphamount, hand 'ferkled trigger, PRS did the original job, and Ronin has subsequently restocked it shortened the barrel to 22". Other is a 695 that Ronin transformed into a 275 Rigby, McM Sako Hunter McWoody stock, 22" CM 1:9 barrel, fluted bolt and ferruled trigger, Near Alphamount.

Both rifles shoot better than I can most days. I've posted pics of both of them at one time or another, so I won't bore everyone again, If you'd like to see them, PM me .

Have fun making your decisions, and even more with the finished project.

ATB

i've seen your rifles in the past - and just had another look... very nice indeed, both of them.

this ronin bloke seems to put together a nice rifle, perhaps, one day, i will see one myself?

keep the inspiration coming please

Μy M590 started life as a .22-250, but it is now a 6mmBR. Nothing fancy done to it, other than having a very nice Border barrel, fitted by Mike Norris. Seeing your list of calibres, perhaps one you might want to consider: serious fun, good for anything and a keeper any day :)

best wishes,

Finman

Oh Gary! After the things you've said about Sakos/Tikkas! :lol:

It's good that you've seen the light and bought a grown ups rifle at last! ;)

Oh Gary! After the things you've said about Sakos/Tikkas! :lol:

It's good that you've seen the light and bought a grown ups rifle at last! ;)

Actually I bought 2! Sako 75 and tikka 590 - only problem is you have to accurise them - which I guess is all part of the fun. I'm still struggling with an idea for the tikka, might need to shift it and get a long action donor so I can have built a real barrel burning levelling iron.

cheers in advance

Archived