6mm shehane tooley

any info out there on this calibre please

Mark,

Never come across it but of course, Bill (Shehane) did set a new 1000 yard Benchrest World Record with the 6 - 284.

When the cartridge became more popular in its 6.5mm/7mm format he did a 'Shehane' version - removing most of the body taper. Why? I asked Bill - Answer: To aid extraction when running the gun fast for 1000 yd benchrest - no other reason. Beats me why everyone picks the Shehane for F Class - bit of extra income for your gunsmith making dies I suppose.

Dave Tooley does most of Bill's work - maybe he is going back to the 6-284 but now with the body taper removed.

Vince

Thanks for that Vince i am familiar with the shehane series as i have one or two but i heard about the 6mm s&t and just wondered what it was i.e. parent case etc

Cheers Sean i am aware of his involvement with tooley from a few years ago

but id rather eat broken glass that spek to said person

Ihad a 6mm terminator 12 years ago (6mm06 ACK ) that was another blood daft idea formed the cases 180 of em just in time to see the barrel turn into a shot gun barrel . punched 70 grn bt at Mack 5 , if the Noslers didntkill foxes the shrapnell of the barrel got em.

SPUD YOUR A BLOODY WINDOW LICKER , BARREL LIFE ON THIS IS ABOUT 27 ROUNDS YOU PLONKER

lol

Archived