sonic cleaner

They are good for small batches. I have in the past used one from maplin but it only holds 20 .308 size cases at at time and runs on a 6 minute cycle. Lots of time and effort.

I ran some dirty cases side by side with some clean cases. The result was I couldn't tell the difference in group size. But the clean cases made me feel better.

I will at some point invest in the stainless steel media method of case cleaning which is far more time effective if a little more expensive.

I know my time is better spent out in the field.

Hiya mate, I got one for £30 of eBay. Just as good as any other ultrasonic cleaner I have used, had it for two years now and it's still spot on. The only negative thing I can say about it is that you haven't got a massive capacity with it. Off th top of my head I don't know the make and Model but there is plenty on eBay if you have a look mate

Had one, tried it, bought another.

The Maplin one, though small, works well and costs around £25.

I like to get my brass clean inside. Probably doesn't make much difference in reality. I bought a second one because I run the brass through a dirty bath with cleaning fluid first, then through a clean, hot cycle.

If you want shiny brass, get a tumbler.

I like the sound of tumbling with steel media, might go for it one of these days.

Rup

I'm keen to try sonic cleaning, possibly with some of larger ultrasonic cleaners on the market so I can increase the case capacity.

Have spent last 15 years plus, using normal tumblers (3xLyman Pro's)and think they are to noisy and messy. Also they don't really clean the cases.

Are there any other members that can recomend any of the large ultrasonic cleaners ?

I'd like to ask thoes that use the cleaners, what are the best solution mixes ?

Regards

Rob

I have tried all sorts of concoctions for cleaning my brass but always come back to the " Sea Clean" that Maplins sell.

A cap full of that in some hot water works wonders and as above, I run the brass through a second wash with clean hot water then dry in the airing cupboard.

The brass usually ends up looking a bit scruffy and tarnished but it is clean.

I'm keen to try sonic cleaning, possibly with some of larger ultrasonic cleaners on the market so I can increase the case capacity.

Have spent last 15 years plus, using normal tumblers (3xLyman Pro's)and think they are to noisy and messy. Also they don't really clean the cases.

Are there any other members that can recomend any of the large ultrasonic cleaners ?

I'd like to ask thoes that use the cleaners, what are the best solution mixes ?

Regards

Rob

If u are a member of UKlongrange there is a good wright up on there, his solution was a Vinegar solution of 70% vinegar, 30% water and a squirt of dishwasher soap.

ATB Simon

Available in the UK from Tumblers although the media from the US is better as the little bits in the UK stuff jam up your primer pockets and flash holes.

The ones on Sinclairs web site are on special offer at present, under $200

I have been given about 60 pounds of once fired Lake City Match 308 brass that I'd like to clean. Being a handy type, I took a look on You-Tube and found several interesting designs for "built it yourself" models. The two best used $40 oscillating sanders glued to large buckets or deep roasting pans by the rubber pad on the sander. At 13000 cycles per minute they cleaned auto parts in a jiffy. I'm thinking of building one for my cases. I'll let you know how it turns out.~Andrew

Archived