270/7WSM Reamer spec ?

Elwood

Neck turning is not an issue.

I know somones got a posh new turner ;):lol:

I would opt for the same neck diameter as your Shehane.

You won't have to fiddle about adjusting your turner then.

Cheers

Dave

i think their is no adavantadge or disadvantage on neck diameter as long as you clean up the entire neck and set the proper clearence and my reamer .313 allows this, just get the throat set up for the bullet your going to shoot and i am sure it will shoot great

Andy and Grant do you know what the free bore is marked up on your reamer drawings are please?

I know of one which is marked at .188" free bore wether that would be ball park for the Berers or too short?

Cheers

Dave

dave 188 would work well with the hybrid and the vld ,mine is set for the hybrid and i want to shoot the vld i need the use a throating reamer as its a little short ,188 is in between a perfect hybrid and vld mix if you go longer the hybrids will be way out their

theirs about 50 thou difference between vld and hybrid it all depends on if you want to shoot the vld or the hybrid

i would rather go short and throat out to get it perfect if you go to long and decide to shoot hybrids you may be to long and accuracy may suffer

188 is in my eyes is perfect for the hybrid and the vld will be close to bottom of neck so it should be good for both

see you in a couple of weeks -

Grant

Thanks Grant, I have a good stock of Hybrids so should shoot them well.

It is good to know it will be fine for the VLD if need be can always advance a bit with a throating reamer.

See you at the Europeans, are you down for practice on Thursday?

Cheers

Dave

Archived