Old Sckool lamping

sir-slots-alot

Hi Lads

A bit of old sckool foxing with the lamp

These vids were taken in over the last couple of nights.

Myself and my shooting mate had a night lamping fox.

Taking my 17 rem for company and a healthy supply of 25 grn Vmax for fodder, we set off to a hill farm where the farmer had complained of a fox problem

We dont do that much lamping for fox these days , as NV is more descret & usually more productive at this time of year

Anyway We had a top night - three fox fell to the 17 rem - the furthest was about 240 yrds - others where closer to home.

The 17 rem and the deadly 25 grn Vmax just switches charlie off - No different to my 22.250 or 223 in terms of terminal effect.

Altogether we saw nine fox during the evening - most wouldn't entertain the lamp - even sprinting off when it was pointed in their direction :wacko:

The next vid shows the re-visit using the NV and my trusy old 223 Tikka 595 and 53 grn Vmax. Another 2 less for the farmer to worry about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpVA1lPHy9E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7GVzY2dW08

ATB

Alan

Hi Mick.

I also prefer lamping. B)

We still do very well lamping rabbits .. not so well on fox - lots of lamp shy ones around these parts this time of year.

Lampings much more of a shared experience thing with your lamping buddy.... We have had some epic nighs - out all night until dawn

I have got to admit , I enjoyed the lamping night much more than my NV session

ATB

Alan

Well done Alan, were you shooting off HMS Bounty for the NV shot though? All I could hear is creeeak, creeeak :lol:

Yeah . Any small sounds that are close to the camera mic , seemed to be magnified massively.

In actual fact , its all pretty silent - including my own breath , which I hope doesn't sound as loud and rasping :lol:

ATB

Alan

Archived