Anyone know of any 17 cal Pacnor barrels for sale

I am after a re-barrel for my Rem. Just need the barrel as I have someone lined up to re-barrel my 595 action. The Pacnor 1:9 3 groove shot superbly so I'd like another if there are any available at the right price so if you have any info please contact me.

Cheers,

Si

I would be surprised if you find a gunsmith willing to sell you a barrel, only to have you take it to someone else to fit it.

It would be quite rude to ask.

Try Brian Fox, he is a wholesaler of barrels.

I would be surprised if you find a gunsmith willing to sell you a barrel, only to have you take it to someone else to fit it.

It would be quite rude to ask.

Try Brian Fox, he is a wholesaler of barrels.

Why rude?

Is there any reason why one cannot fit it oneself or use a smith that they trust?

Quite simple....there is no profit on a barrel blank once you have paid for an import license and been bent over by our tax and vat man. The profit is in fitting the barrel, ie labour.

Quite simple....there is no profit on a barrel blank once you have paid for an import license and been bent over by our tax and vat man. The profit is in fitting the barrel, ie labour.

GOOD FOR YOU DAVE!

To be honest still really does not explain the 'rude' bit.

I guess that you are unwilling to show the disparity of what you supply and the profit you make hence the rude remark?

Would this be a correct assessment?

Please do not take offence, just trying to understand the 'rude' bit.

Just to put your impression of Baldie being rude think of like this, you own a chip shop or a diner, a client arrives with his own frozen food etc. Do I need to proceed?.

Just to put it into perspective for you Aitken, we pay around double of what you guys pay for a barrel blank, mainly because we have to buy from you and ship it over. Add 20% VAT, and taxes, plus a minimum of $250 for an export license.There is no profit in a barrel blank. By buying blanks and keeping some in stock, it brings work in, because customers will ring round to see who has a blank, and generally go there. You occasionally get people asking to buy a blank, to take it somewhere else, and then their gunsmith gets the profit, via his labour, on a barrel blank i have paid for, tied money up in, and made no profit on.

Just to put your impression of Baldie being rude think of like this, you own a chip shop or a diner, a client arrives with his own frozen food etc. Do I need to proceed?.

Depends upon the status of ones mercantile mindset I guess!

Just to put it into perspective for you Aitken, we pay around double of what you guys pay for a barrel blank, mainly because we have to buy from you and ship it over. Add 20% VAT, and taxes, plus a minimum of $250 for an export license.There is no profit in a barrel blank. By buying blanks and keeping some in stock, it brings work in, because customers will ring round to see who has a blank, and generally go there. You occasionally get people asking to buy a blank, to take it somewhere else, and then their gunsmith gets the profit, via his labour, on a barrel blank i have paid for, tied money up in, and made no profit on.

Thank you for your perspective!

BTW I am in the UK.

Archived