CAN SOMEONE PLEASE...........

Guest Sprags

Guest 308Panther

A couple good reasons come to mind....

1) Eye relief....Scopes are built with a certain amount into them...This may be a longer eye relief than

most.Or the shooter prefers a 2 eye open method.

2)Cheek-stock or head align ment.The stock (comb) appears to fairly level so the owner shooter

may get "into" it farther for his comfort level.

3) Or it may just be tha camera angle too.

308Panther

....................tell me why the scope on the Steyr in this link is so far forward?

http://www.reflexsuppressors.co.uk/

Thanks

Sprags!!

Cos its a Steyr Tactical Scout rifle thats why. Its designed that way. Designed to be short , light weight and fast handling. Not sure the bloody great fat mod stuck on the end helps with any of those design criteria's.

Guest 308Panther

If thats a pistol scope that is the longest one I have seen yet.

Also look where the port is...if they moved the scope back

they wouldnt be able to eject a casing or single feed a fresh round.

That rifle was made to fire one shot.

Not a stand up in a firefight.

308Panther

surely thats a pistol scope, set up this way for driven boar hunting??? so you can use your allround vision......... or am i barking up the wrong tree :blink::blink:

Howling at the moon perhaps.

Its a purpose made design, that works extremely well for its intended purpose.

Its a purpose made design, that works extremely well for its intended purpose.

Tell us more Pete, you cant just say what you have above and leave it at that, what is it's intended purpose?

A mate of mine had the whole set up Ching sling and all in 308, the scope is a long eye relief unit specifically designed by Leupold for the Steyr Scout.

The whole package was concieved as a very short range (50-75yds), quick handling package for fast snap shooting, i do believe the scope was a 1.5-4X to be utilised with both eyes open.

There were huge hopes with this concept but it did not take off any near as well as thought.

My mate could not get on with the long eye relief scope and resorted to a scope in the conventional position.

Ian.

The whole package was concieved as a very short range (50-75yds), quick handling package for fast snap shooting, i do believe the scope was a 1.5-4X to be utilised with both eyes open.

but not for shooting boar...... :blink: .......apparently :blink:

Tell us more Pete, you cant just say what you have above and leave it at that, what is it's intended purpose?

I think the link posted up by Ian along with the earlier link just about says it all, and far better than I could have done.

Sorry for the delay in replying fella's......

Thanks for the replies, I have a better idea as to the reason for the scope being where it is now, what is it that they say?..........'every day is a school day'.....

Thanks

Sprags!!

Archived