6.5x47 Load development and testing at Calton Moor Range

Guest richness

Give Norman Clark a ring, i,m pretty sure i saw some boxes of JLK,s in there last time i was in.

Only 90gr 224 mate. Nothing else and no plans to ("as they bring in Berger")

As promised,,,

The weather is really nice here today so i thought that i would pop down to the farm and test these JLK 130g bullets out??? Fingers crossed???

reading Dans results in the wind tunnel, i thought that i would reload the jlk,s 5 with vit 140, 5 with h4350, 5 with varget and five with re15,, so off i trot with 20 rounds loaded and two to sight my rifle in,,, rifle was spot on so here are my results!!! :D:D

Picture454.jpg

To be honest the vit 140 group was realy good, first three bullets were in one hole, only opend up by the last two bullets, that i fired after the other three groups,,

But the best group was the varget,, but i think that all of the powders tested were good with the jlk,s

Picture449.jpg

To say that i am happy with them would be an understatment!!!

Darrel ;) P.S iwill take the varget load with me on saturday to the first 600 yrd comp at the diggle :ph34r:

Guest richness

They look promising mate. I'll be interested to get your feedback on them at 600 compared to scenars. My problem ( well its not really a problem!) is that scenars have shot both a single hole at 100y and a 0.9"@400y in my rifle so whilst I'm obviously always chasing more BC, the jlks or anything else have to be amazing to knock scenars off the top spot (and scenars are also dirt cheap)

If you come back saying they're as accurate as the lapuas and lap them in the wind...there will be much rejoicing! Fingers crossed for you mate :) Cheers, Rich

As promised,,,

The weather is really nice here today so i thought that i would pop down to the farm and test these JLK 130g bullets out??? Fingers crossed???

reading Dans results in the wind tunnel, i thought that i would reload the jlk,s 5 with vit 140, 5 with h4350, 5 with varget and five with re15,, so off i trot with 20 rounds loaded and two to sight my rifle in,,, rifle was spot on so here are my results!!! :D:D

Picture454.jpg

To be honest the vit 140 group was realy good, first three bullets were in one hole, only opend up by the last two bullets, that i fired after the other three groups,,

But the best group was the varget,, but i think that all of the powders tested were good with the jlk,s

Picture449.jpg

To say that i am happy with them would be an understatment!!!

Darrel ;) P.S iwill take the varget load with me on saturday to the first 600 yrd comp at the diggle :ph34r:

Good work Darrel.

I think all of those powder/bullet combination offer potential with tuning. Some don't need tuning. :)

I think that as they all shoot so well this gives serious hope for the accuracy of those bullets! Excellent!

Good luck at Diggle with them.

Cheers,

Si

Thank you for you coments gents!!!

As you have said, most of them loads are good???

The varget one did seem to shine,,it should of been one little hole but i pulled one shot??

I to like the 123g scenars but if these will perfom better in the wind then it is a no brainer,,,

scenars bc of 547

jlk bc of 620

I have done a lot of research on the net and the opinion seems to be that the true bc of the jlk,s is 590,,

so either way a little bit better than the scenars,,,

and the JLK,s look really good and of course they are a vld,, and not quite as fat as the scenars???

but only time will tell,,,, Will have some more info after saturday with a bit of luck!!!

Darrel

They look promising mate. I'll be interested to get your feedback on them at 600 compared to scenars. My problem ( well its not really a problem!) is that scenars have shot both a single hole at 100y and a 0.9"@400y in my rifle so whilst I'm obviously always chasing more BC, the jlks or anything else have to be amazing to knock scenars off the top spot (and scenars are also dirt cheap)

If you come back saying they're as accurate as the lapuas and lap them in the wind...there will be much rejoicing! Fingers crossed for you mate :) Cheers, Rich

Hi Richard,,

Varget does seem to be one of the most versitile powders around its uses are endless,,,

I have had a few very small groups with the scenar varget combo???

just hopeing that the jlk,s will give me a bit of an edge on those diggle boys :lol::lol:

Them bloody savage 6.5-284 rifles are hard to beat!!!!

I suppose that a 260 rem would be a good choice, giving the advantage of slightly heavy bullets,, but hey, i like my 47 and i do not think that i would change any time soon,,,

Take care,,, Darrel

Archived