Sako TRG 22

Gandolf

Need to know what allan screw size to fit picatinny rail to Trg in order to fit unirail scope mount.Closest I can figure is M3.5......any ideas ?

I just fitted a picatinny rail which I got from Kelblys (USA) to my rifle and the allen screws were an odd size, took one out and took it along the local engineer supplies and they found me one, not sure what size it was but it wasn't metric must be imperial.

Some of the gunsmiths should be along soon and they will have a better idea than me.

Down at 'Bisley Live' yesterday and spoke to GMK (Sako importers), guy very helpful but dont deal direct with public, he is going to send direct to local RFD for me to pick up.Hopefully all ok then, Norman Clarke can also supply and advise using 'blue' Locktite when fitting.

• 2 months later...

Why put a picatinny rail on a TRG that has it's own perfect rail?

There is a number of really good mounts that fits the TRG directly.

If I should use a rail on the TRG (only reason I can see is when wanting to be able to use NV or Thermal instead of the scope) then I would use NEAR rail.

The Near rail is likely the most stable and least prone to move rail on the market for the TRG.

Håkan

Archived