varmint rifle

Savage are excellent rifles and known tackdrivers. Get hold of Stuart at north west custom parts, i know he has a handfull of savage actions available, and they do several left bolt/right port ones. The beauty of a savage is that the barrel screws on with a nut, so a barrel can be changed by the owner, easily.

Lets do a compomise eh?? How about geting a Sako left handed thicko`s model Legion and then get the bungee thing Dura Coated by our Jame`s. Its weather proof to a fashion then??

But realy its no problem having blued or Blacked action/barreled gun`s i have 2 which i just wipe over quick the day after i have used&abused them and they show no signs of corrosion. The woodworks a different story though :P

Jame`s if that 300WSM is a standard Howa with no modifications then the 300 yard test would be no problem and i can do it any time next week i got jam doughnut all else better to do apart for signing on Wednesday :P

It allways fill`s me with suspision when i see folk selling or recomending product`s that they dont normaly use them selve`s??

But when you do see the guy`s who are doing the selling/promoting using continuosly there own products if give`s you some sort of peace of mind and confidence to do the same.

So i expect the WSM to be Dura Coated Jame`s even though your favorite Sako Custom job is`nt ;)

Out of the box and load worked up by a Novice @ 120 yards

003-3.jpg

Duracoat will weather proof the rifle Vim come and get your Sako done mate, it does what it says on the tin!

Its only a matter of time before blued chromoly gets the weather in it. :D The woodwork can be Duracoated as well if you like.

Ah the 300wsm isnt a standard barrel, but im getting a few barreled actions in soon I will leave one as is. Cant do next week im afraid mate! :D To bloody busy! :lol:

Cant say ive come accross anyone selling something they dont use mind, I only use what I know works from experience but I guess I see your point.

Oh that WSM will get the full treatment the same as all my Sakos, did I tell ive got 4 Sakos? Im just proving a point with the Howas you see as ive got some pals in the States that use them a lot and they love them, the're cheap and work very well. ;)

Kal

Well here is a bit of info' form all you Sako owning Howa knockers………………………………Howa built receivers for Sako in years past, they then shipped them to Finland to be barrelled and stocked. :lol:;);)

Personal I think Sakos are the best factory out the box rifles if price is not a consideration, but if you are watching the pennies then the Howas take some beating.

Unfortunately I don’t think Howas are available in this country with a left handed action.

Best rgds

B-b

Vim is right,i do have a semi custom rifle built on a cz action.To be fair it has just been re-barreled with a Lilja barrel and fitted with a laminate stock which was bought from CZ usa(im told you can get the stock here in the uk but only on 223).The action is way better than i thought it would be and it is very accurate too.I also agree that the Howa is a good out of the box rifle along with Sako's and the older 5 series Tikka's.

Here is the CZ

IMG_17ah0005.jpg

Archived