rem 700 sps stainless

adam204

Hi all,

I,m in the market for a .243 and was wondering what your views are of the Rem 700 sps stainless? I want a reasonably light weight foxer for lamping and all weather use. My other option is the Ruger M77 Hawkyey all weather.

I want a 9 twist barrel.

Many thanks,

Adam.

I had/have a 243 sps stainless sporter. Stuck it into a carbon stock and chopped the barrel to 20".

Knocked 18 deer and plenty fox with it last year. Great rifle. Even got a 1" group at 300m when I checked

the drop last year.

For some reason I prefer the remmy to my T3, a few things are just better.

Just had a border barel fitted, not because lack of accuracy, just need a heavy barrel.

Only real bad points, trigger was not great and replaced it with an older style remmy trigger. Then

the feeding from the drop plate mag was not good and I fitted an AICS mag system.

edi

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I,m in the market for a .243 and was wondering what your views are of the Rem 700 sps stainless? I want a reasonably light weight foxer for lamping and all weather use. My other option is the Ruger M77 Hawkyey all weather.

I want a 9 twist barrel.

Many thanks,

Adam.

Hi all,

I want a 9 twist barrel.

Many thanks,

Adam.

Hello Adam

Just started back to fullbore after a year out of it, I have allway's had manlichers and think there brilliant when you get time to feed them good reloads

I fancied a change this time for LR foxing, occasional deer, and targets at my local club

Have ordered a 243 Rem 700 semi custom from Rimfire magic, Aics stock, new bolt handle and fluting, moderator, and sight rail, all in black, it gets dressed with my old Nightforce scope,

But just wondering which weight v max bullet head to use as never loaded 243 as a varmint round before, any ideas mate

Regards

Alan

Hello Adam

Just started back to fullbore after a year out of it, I have allway's had manlichers and think there brilliant when you get time to feed them good reloads

I fancied a change this time for LR foxing, occasional deer, and targets at my local club

Have ordered a 243 Rem 700 semi custom from Rimfire magic, Aics stock, new bolt handle and fluting, moderator, and sight rail, all in black, it gets dressed with my old Nightforce scope,

But just wondering which weight v max bullet head to use as never loaded 243 as a varmint round before, any ideas mate

Regards

Alan

hi alan I have good results with everything from the 58gr vmax to the 87gr vmax in a Sako 85 .243 , all In all though the 87s performed best especially at extended range shocking damage on foxes mate . rl 17 gave best accuracy and speed ! regards simon

hi alan I have good results with everything from the 58gr vmax to the 87gr vmax in a Sako 85 .243 , all In all though the 87s performed best especially at extended range shocking damage on foxes mate . rl 17 gave best accuracy and speed ! regards simon

Thanks for the info, all in my diary, sad but it just works

Put pics of new build up when I get it , not as exciting as a RPA but for dragging across Lincolnshire ploughed fields at night it should work fine

Had a 22 rimfire magic build last christmas, so accurate my thumb hole Anschutz 17hmr is redundant and up for sale at same place,

regards

Alan

Archived