Ruger scout rifle

gazzar15

I must admit to being more than a bit interested when I first saw the new 308 Ruger Gunsite scout rifle .For woodland stalking climbing highseats and target shooting out to say 600 yds it seems to be a strong contender .Quite reasonably priced (in the US at least). My only concern is the barrel length at 16.5 '' it is ok for what range? my guess is 5-600 yds ?? I know the recoil might be a bit harsh but a moderator would help no end I reckon.

I then looked at the Ruger website today and discovered that they are now making it in left handed configuration Jeez, I shouldn't have looked. If it is good for 5-600 yds I want one.

Any second opinions chaps???

My 10/22 is ok now I have replaced just about everything. However from the limited experience of a friends .243 and reading on line I wouldn't touch a ruger C/F.

The idea's are great but in production appear to fail unless some one can submit evidence to the contrary and I will stand corrected. I am writing from my personal experiance alone.

Exactly the opposite Dave. Every Ruger centrefire i,ve ever shot, or owned, has been a very accurate rifle. I would have another 77VT in an instant.

Rebarrelled a lot of shot out ones, and they have been excellent guns. I,m not overly fond of the mauser action, which is controlled feed, personally, but it works.

The 21.5" barrel will get you to 6oo yards, but i would mod it.

Archived