HOWA ( How good are they)

Read a review on a howa vs CZ in 3006 from a german magazine.

The howa won by quite a bit.

One of the strong points of the howa was that it was not fussy

with factory ammo and shot, if I remember right 5 out of six

tried brands very well.

Great for a future conversion or custom rifle.

edi

Howas are the dogs holly hocks, ive got several im waiting to arrive.

What comes from Japan and isnt up to much? Very little indeed.

They are a Rem/Sako clone if like, with all the good bits, apart from the round action.

I wouldnt hesitate in buying one or selling one to a customer. :lol:

They are accurate and can be played with.

Howas are the dogs holly hocks, ive got several im waiting to arrive.

What comes from Japan and isnt up to much? Very little indeed.

They are a Rem/Sako clone if like, with all the good bits, apart from the round action.

I wouldnt hesitate in buying one or selling one to a customer. :lol:

They are accurate and can be played with.

I've seen varmints advertised for £500, wild dogs do a number of stocks for them, I think I'm going to ask santa to bring me one

Thanks for the advice guys

Ian

I have had 5 and all have grouped at least 1 moa out of the box, not flash but good value and does what they say on the box.

Best rgds

B-b

Crickey Kev you get through bang sticks at a rate, Howas have only been about for a few years.

Just goes to show I suppose how different people are, I have only sold three guns in my life.

A

As Kal has stated the makers have done the typical far eastern trick of copying all the good points of other makes and rolling them into one package at a budget price :lol:

The Howas have now taken over the place that the Tikka`s had before the Beretta takeover :lol:

As Kal has stated the makers have done the typical far eastern trick of copying all the good points of other makes and rolling them into one package at a budget price :o

The Howas have now taken over the place that the Tikka`s had before the Beretta takeover :lol:

As it is now I would have the Howa over the T3 any day.

Howas have only been about for a few years.

Brain Fox was not the first person to bring them into the country Martin Bray was, the owner of the Countryman of Derby. He nearly lost a whole shipment because the US agent did not fill in the right paper work then customs impounded the lot, he got them released 2 days before the were going to destroy the lot. After this he stopped bringing them in, this was about 7years ago nobody was doing anything with them for a couple of years then Brain Fox pick them up and now Highland are the importers.

Best rgds

B-b

• 1 month later...

Tikka,

I bought a barreled action from Brian Fox in 270 Win earlier this year and dropped it into a pillar bedded Hogue with the idea of using it as a tool alongside my Sakos. I've only put 130 grn and 140 grn BTs through it but every load I've tried has been 0.5 MOA.

I would agree with the comments above in that they have taken the place of Tikka at the budget end but offer Sako like quality, fit and finish for the money. Importantly in my mind they feel like a rifle, I've had a couple of T3 Lites in the past that I hated because they felt like toys and were too light. Although T3s seem to shoot I think they are a retrograde step and Tikka shouldn't have moved away from the Master (595/695) Series.

My safe is full now but I wouldn't hesitate getting another Howa.

Regards,

Tim

Archived