Varminting- scaled down

Chris-NZ

impressive shooting chris. you`ve opened my eyes, always regarded my 22 cz as a 70-80 yard gun didn`t really want to push it past that range.

it will be getting an airing at the weekend to see what it will do with the local crow and magpie population.

regards david.

Tony,

The SK ammo is I believe 'Lapua' made in East Germany, I've found the Match to do very well in our clubs 100m '10 shots for score' competition. Blue Fox keeps it FYI.

We now have a couple of folks who want to shoot 200yards on a regular basis, the 22LR certainly exposes your technique!

Anyone played with barrel tuning i.e. O seals distributed along the barrel, to tame/tune any harmonics? I've done this with BPCR's to find a dead spot to rest the barrel but never 22's re improving accuracy, any ideas? (BTW not resting the 22 barrel, same principle, different end use)

Chris, nice shooting and nice venue :ph34r:

Brgds Terry

Well David, been doing a bit more work on that rifle.

I got my US buddy to send across some Burris Signature rings plus a set of offset shims. I'd discovered the scope only had 23mins of come-up available off the 50yd zero and that didn't get me to 200yds.

I ended up using a +20 in the rear ring and -5 in the front which left about 1/2mm of clearance under the scope's objective bell. Got a rough 50yd zero shot over the back wall in drizzle on cowpats :blink:

I now have available ~47mins which will get me past 250yds and that I can probably say it's "far enough" for a subsonic rimfire round.

The maggies have finished breeding and aren't as prevalent round the house now but there will still be opportunities for action.

If I ever get five spare minutes, I'll be able to sight it in properly and confirm the actual drops beyond 200yds.

Chris-NZ

look forward to reading about it chris. as i say you have opened my eyes to the capabilities of the 22 rimfire.

i will have to do some re-evaluation of my own rifles and their potential.

regards david.

Archived