schmidt and bender pm ll 3-12x

sniperkona

Best of luck sending it back to factory!

I sent my 3-12x50PM2 back for a re-tube in July 2009 and found Freightquote to be the cheapest http://www.freightquote.com/ at around the £24/£25 mark.

Threw me completely when UPS turned up to collect the next morning and be aware that FQ email you the label which needs printing and attaching to the parcel.

S&B wanted 499 euros and will only take bank transfer and my bank charged me £9 for the privilege. Of course this may have all changed by now but it turned out to be an expensive exercise all in all, wish I'd never bought the 'scope...it's still sat in the box as it came back from the factory....... offers on a postcard for a 3-12x50PM2 P3 double turn turrets, :lol:

I don't know if York Guns might be worth a try if anything's changed over the last couple of years.

Anyway, all the best with it.

BW

FBW

Best of luck sending it back to factory!

I sent my 3-12x50PM2 back for a re-tube in July 2009 and found Freightquote to be the cheapest http://www.freightquote.com/ at around the £24/£25 mark.

Threw me completely when UPS turned up to collect the next morning and be aware that FQ email you the label which needs printing and attaching to the parcel.

S&B wanted 499 euros and will only take bank transfer and my bank charged me £9 for the privilege. Of course this may have all changed by now but it turned out to be an expensive exercise all in all, wish I'd never bought the 'scope...it's still sat in the box as it came back from the factory....... offers on a postcard for a 3-12x50PM2 P3 double turn turrets, :lol:

I don't know if York Guns might be worth a try if anything's changed over the last couple of years.

Anyway, all the best with it.

can york fix it?

BW

FBW

Hi Sniper,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've only just realised you've asked a question as it's in the body of my post, I thought it was me not tidying up after myself.

I dunno if York can fix it, they couldn't 2 years ago and things might have changed since.

What cheesed me off with S&B was that they didn't/don't have an official UK office as per Swarovski and Zeiss (Conveniently 20minutes down the road from me) and everything has to be done direct with the factory at cost. None of the usual 'pop it down to us and we'll send it back' type of public relations stuff.

atb

FBW

York guns are the offfical uk importers of s+b scopes.They as the importers have a obligation to return all schmibt scopes to the manufactures.The factory then decieds whether the work is warranty and free of charge or non warranty which is chargable.Beaware that s+b charge like wounded buffalo :D

ATB SEAN

I tried that with S&B when they quoted for the re-tube...... wouldn't have it!! Merde, had me over a barrel, I could've just got them to send it back and just used and abused it but couldn't see the point in that.

Sounds like York might be worth a pop, if it's a UK original (Does that matter? S'be a worldwide warranty) and it's broken itself with no sign of external damage then it s'be repaired under warranty at no charge for however long the warranty period is for.... lifetime. One drawback is that might only be to the original owner but how would they check that? Or was the guy who gave you the 'scope the original buyer. Sounds like you'll have a strong case.

Either way, best of luck with that, would be interested to hear how you get on.

atb

FBW

Archived