saami and cip

dully1963

hi

just wondering whats the difference between saami and cip and how does it apply to my 22-250 because the pressures are totally different could anybody explain in simple terms

thanks

Andy(dully1963)

Google is your friend...though I expect you did that first ...

Apart from the obvious `one is European` the other ` American`...

I found this ...

Proof test differences

Under SAAMI proof test procedures, for bottlenecked cases the center of the transducer is located .175 in (4.4 mm) behind the shoulder of the case for large diameter (.250 in (6.4 mm)) transducers and .150 in (3.8 mm) for small diameter (.194 in (4.9 mm)) transducers. For straight cases the center of the transducer is located one-half of the transducer diameter plus .005 in (0.13 mm) behind the base of the seated bullet. Small transducers are used when the case diameter at the point of measurement is less than .35 in (8.9 mm).

Under C.I.P. proof test standards a drilled case is used and the piezo measuring device (transducer) will be positioned at a distance of 25 mm (0.98 in) from the breech face when the length of the cartridge case permits that, including limits. When the length of the cartridge case is too short, pressure measurement will take place at a cartridge specific defined shorter distance from the breech face depending on the dimensions of the case.

The difference in the location of the pressure measurement gives different results than the C.I.P. standard.

I'm sure it will be no help at all..... :blush:

Archived