Small deer are for the moment, vermin

Following a chat yesterday with the FLO at Suffolk I am pleased to announce that small deer are now vermin

As from Oct 1 Anyone with a Suffolk FAC and a suitable .22CF rifle licenced for 'vermin/fox' can now shoot Muntjac and CWD without further variation to their FAC.

When your FAC is returned next time for variation or renewal the new deer entitlement will be formally added.

That was painless wasnt it.

Mark

• 1 month later...

Guys

It is a two stage approach

You don't perhaps need deer on your ticket

But also;

Your conditions on your ticket should not prevent you from using your .22CF for deer stalking either.

Either way you "could" fall foul of some over sensitive inexperienced police officer.

Wilts had my ticket for three days, made the adjustment and let me have it back. Sounds like some area's are not as efficient huh?

OA

I personally would not take the risk. Vermin is vermin, and deer definatly are not. Following this theory to its natural conclusion, no one needs, " deer" on their ticket then, of any species.

I almost got prosecuted a couple of years back for telling my flo i had shot fox with a .17hmr, and didn,t have "fox" on my ticket, only vermin, for that particular calibre. They told me in no uncertain tems, that "fox" and "vermin" were not the same, so south yorks are hardly likely to lump deer in with vermin. For the price of a recorded delivery, i would MAKE them put it on.

Sound advice Baldie, I'm with you.

When it comes to arguing the toss over wording is it worth the risk? far better to argue the toss now rather in retrospect. ;)

Guest 308Panther

If your gonna call small deer vermin,thats one thing.

If your willing to shoot small deer and let it lay...Thats another.

And by the same token I hope those callin a small deer vermin

are willing to take home and cook up and eat the critters that

are vermin...

I am willing to offer up a couple of 'possums,coons, feral cats

and I am sure I can find a skunk or two if I look just on the other side

of the berm of the railroad tracks out back.

Bon Appe`tit.

308Panther

Archived