I think I have got a fox problem

londonhunter

Bait em for a bit with kitty cat food or the like and then cage trap the critters dispatch before removal. I had one FEO tell me to use a 243 or 12 bore for humane dispatch in an urban area(this is at the point of trying to get a 17hmr on my ticket for fox control)

Wot a joker , Just be shure to have fox control for the weapon used on your FAC. You are more likely to have some one report the deed done in towns.

Good luck.

Bait em for a bit with kitty cat food or the like and then cage trap the critters dispatch before removal. I had one FEO tell me to use a 243 or 12 bore for humane dispatch in an urban area(this is at the point of trying to get a 17hmr on my ticket for fox control)

Wot a joker , Just be shure to have fox control for the weapon used on your FAC. You are more likely to have some one report the deed done in towns.

Good luck.

Hi,

As above, bait with nice smelly cat food (under some sort of lid or in a tied down ball of chicken wire). Occupy an upstairs window with your favourite moderated .22LR. Choose a night when the moon is out or rely on ambient light from other windows, an Eley Subsonic through the head, into a bin liner and the job's done. I have been doing this in London discreetly for several years. My record is 13 foxes out of one small garden in Vauxhall in one evening,

Alan

Hi,

As above, bait with nice smelly cat food (under some sort of lid or in a tied down ball of chicken wire). Occupy an upstairs window with your favourite moderated .22LR. Choose a night when the moon is out or rely on ambient light from other windows, an Eley Subsonic through the head, into a bin liner and the job's done. I have been doing this in London discreetly for several years. My record is 13 foxes out of one small garden in Vauxhall in one evening,

Alan

Thanks for the tip

Have baited this evening and they took it within a hour

Will update

I have to echo the above.

Why do you need to kill them at all?

Comment noted btw I am a cannon pro and have one of 5 1200mm EF in the country so having the right equipment is not an issue I was not trying to demonstrate my photographic equipment

My work are published regularly in autosport and various car magazine overseas

Comment noted btw I am a cannon pro and have one of 5 1200mm EF in the country so having the right equipment is not an issue I was not trying to demonstrate my photographic equipment

My work are published regularly in autosport and various car magazine overseas

I believe it was a question not a comment.

Well done on the camera willy-wave :rolleyes: ; but I think several of us would be more interested in hearing the answer to the question:

Why do you feel the need to kill them? :wacko:

Are they as Elwood asked, taking your paperclips?

I believe it was a question not a comment.

Well done on the camera willy-wave :rolleyes: ; but I think several of us would be more interested in hearing the answer to the question:

Why do you feel the need to kill them? :wacko:

Are they as Elwood asked, taking your paperclips?

OK

They have been breaking into all the bins where I work causing a mess everymorning for the past 05 weeks. The owner of the premesis got a quote and wanted to spread the cost to everybody. Hence I got the idea of doing the job myself.

OK

They have been breaking into all the bins where I work causing a mess everymorning for the past 05 weeks. The owner of the premesis got a quote and wanted to spread the cost to everybody. Hence I got the idea of doing the job myself.

I hear what you're saying but, as they don't seem to be a threat to anyones livelihood or causing any major problems I'd be inclined to try persuading the owner to invest in better and more secure bins otherwise you will only have the same problem with other foxes in the future.

Just my 2p.

I'm not a tree hugger and I do shoot foxes myself however; where I shoot foxes are either game shoots or sheep farms or both where they can be a serious problem.

Reading through this thread just felt like killing for the sake of it and totally devoid of the kind of ethics that I as a hunter pride myself upon.

Not a lecture, merely an observation.

ATB

Moses

Hi unless you have a completely open ticket, and the wording “ land approved by the Chief officer of police” has been removed from you’re FAC?

Then I would leave them well alone, I know of a few people who risk it, but should the s**t hit the fan!!

ATB Bob

I hear what you're saying but, as they don't seem to be a threat to anyones livelihood or causing any major problems I'd be inclined to try persuading the owner to invest in better and more secure bins otherwise you will only have the same problem with other foxes in the future.

In a nut shell.

Alternatively you could always make sure the bins are locked away at night and let out each morning.

In a nut shell.

Alternatively you could always make sure the bins are locked away at night and let out each morning.

Hi,

Just in case anyone wonders, I do have an 'open ticket' but I do not have the 'land inspected and approved' restriction. As long as I shoot safely and ensure shots stay within the boundaries of where I shoot than everything is legal. Like most people I like to see a few foxes around, even in London. However, in some areas the fox population has reached an incredible density. It is not just bins, pavements and gardens covered in fox excrement to the degree that parents cannot allow their children to play in the garden. Professionaly designed and laid gardens trashed in one night. Secure bins would help but until people start being prosecuted for littering and 'do-gooders' stop feeding foxes the problem is only going to get worse. 'Health and Safety' should bring more prosecutions against fast food outlets that leave large amounts of unsecured waste in bin liners etc. Another problem is the spread of mange and the implications it has for domestic animals. Add the recent cases of foxes entering houses and biting people (never mind the hygiene issue)then you can see that this is a problem that is not going to disappear anytime soon.

Alan

Gunsgobang 88

I couldn’t agree with more, I have dealt with more urban foxes than most foxhunts would have seen in a lifetime; it gets worse every year with idiots feeding them in their gardens

On a daily basis, no wonder we are overrun with them.

I can remember when local authorities used to provide a service for urban foxes, now days all they do is say “we don’t have a policy on foxes”

My comment re FAC restrictions was just intended to point out the risks to those that don’t have the fully open ticket.

ATB Bob

Archived