ADVICE NEEDED FROM UNIQUE ALPINE TRGI SHOOTERS

ANDY T

Hi would like some advice from any Unique Alpine TPG 1 shooter on setting up this rifle and problem solving. I just cannot get consistent good groups and i know its not the ammo, scope or trigger, So any tips on setting up this rifle or making adjustments that would help with the accuracy would be very appreciated. Regards

Hi all screws are torqued as below

system screw sw4 5.0 Nm

clamp screw of the gunstock sw4 5.0 Nm

How can you tell if a barrel is shot out?

Andy

Hi would like some advice from any Unique Alpine TPG 1 shooter on setting up this rifle and problem solving. I just cannot get consistent good groups and i know its not the ammo, scope or trigger, So any tips on setting up this rifle or making adjustments that would help with the accuracy would be very appreciated. Regards

system screw sw4 5.0 Nm

Andy

Although not an expert, I'd have thought you need a borescope to see the throat erosion and if there is any 'cracking' in the grooves?

How many rounds has the rifle shot?

Finman

Although not an expert, I'd have thought you need a borescope to see the throat erosion and if there is any 'cracking' in the grooves?

How many rounds has the rifle shot?

Finman

Hi Don't know how many round, he said about 1500 rounds had gone through it but it could be allot more.

the barrels looks alright to look down can see anything wrong

Andy

I would try to call Dave at York guns I think he has just done or is about to do their armourers course?

system screw sw4 5.0 Nm

Andy

How do u "KNOW" its not the ammo

it may just not like wht u are feeding it!

my mates bug holed with 44g of vit140 & 155 sceanrs!

cheers andy

Have shot the same ammo hand loaded in a different rifle and all shoots where touching

Andy

Have shot the same ammo hand loaded in a different rifle and all shoots where touching

Andy

Hi Andy

I dont really think that means anything buddy!

I think u need to try some differnt loads

no to barrels rifles will perform the same !

even same make/brand ect!

My mates parker hale wont shoot my load for that which promotes growth and vigour altho it bug holes with differnt powder!

cheers Andy

Andy

Take that barrel off and put it on your Alpine and you're good to go.

Seriously though, Skany is absolutely right, ammo is specific to each individual barrel.

It might mean you have to change your load by 1 grain up or down, or you might have to try a different powder/bullet/primer/seating.

Archived