HWH

Ratwhiskers

Well chaps, it would seem a while since we've been pestered by the old "Cull Buck" himself, so l thought l'd just like to remind everyone that HWH passed the not so grand old age of 78 yesterday. The jokes are gettings a little long in the tooth, but a 120/120 on the DSC1 test lets everyone know there's still a straight shot in the old stalker yet.

All the best Hubert B)

Kind Regards.

Ratty.

Hey, Danny!!

You coming to Warcop in the morning?? or has the fear of fire ("On, not Down the Range" got you doing other things ??)

Ginger's popping up to get me over there ,as l'm in no fit state to peddle a ruddy pushbike let alone drive a car. Don't know how long we'll stay or if l'll be shooting, but as l missed the last two shoot's l thought it's about time l showed face on the line again.

Regards.

Ratty.

Hey, Danny!!

You coming to Warcop in the morning?? or has the fear of fire ("On, not Down the Range" got you doing other things ??)

Ginger's popping up to get me over there ,as l'm in no fit state to peddle a ruddy pushbike let alone drive a car. Don't know how long we'll stay or if l'll be shooting, but as l missed the last two shoot's l thought it's about time l showed face on the line again.

Regards.

Ratty.

Unfortunately I wont be able to drive in the morning either (night shift), and the bristley one hasn't made arrangements to pick me up on the way past! So I will hold out a bit of hope of catching up with all the team at the Border Stalkers.

Funny you should remind me about the range being closed due to tracer fire, I saw that at Barry Buddon a few years ago, and had forgotten quite how quickly it spreads. It's a really hot day up here - I hope you get some decent trigger time in without a re-occurrence of last time.

Just as well you're invalided at the moment - I find the thought of you with a paddle quite alarming.....! :o:lol:

Ha.....

Paddle indeed, l'd look a right fekin' fool tryin' to beat out a fire with a walking stick!!!!

l'm on so many med's l'm not so sure l'm even safe behind a rifle at the momment, so may just be spottin' for Alec and chattin' to John between details.

Sorry to hear we'll not get to chat but hope to see you at the next Borders Bash.

All the best for now.

Ratty.

Thanks guys !

Since I lost my driving licence due to Glaucoma I don`t get out often for a few shots now. I have only had 39 Carrions and 5 Magpies so far this year.

I have caught 8 rats in my garage with traps though after the sods found a bag of oats I was storing there for my Budgies and Parrakeets. [ They cannot access my aviary as the floor is concrete. ]

The next Border Stalkers shoot is on the 19th of June at the usual Bowscar, Penrith venue.

It is the Chris Batty Memorial shoot, format as usual, similar to the DMQ shooting test.

I am getting a lift out tomorrow morning at 6.45 AM for blast at the vermin species.

Rgards to all, HWH.

The small feathery black and whites are Magpies,the larger hairy black and whites with bits of string on them are called Spaniels, and the big black and white beggers are called Fresian cows........

Happy shooting Hubert.

Regards.

Ratty.

The small feathery black and whites are Magpies,the larger hairy black and whites with bits of string on them are called Spaniels, and the big black and white beggers are called Fresian cows........

Happy shooting Hubert.

Regards.

Ratty.

Got 4 all-blacks with black beaks but missed a piebald one. Every little helps though.

HWH.

Archived