What NV ?

I've been thinking about a NV scope/ NV adaption for a while and would like to get one later this year, there seems to be so much on the market I don't know were to start. :wacko:

My experience with NV has been during my service with the military - e.g. - CWS/Common Weapon Site (Kite) & issue NV monocular.

Whats out there that compares to these or is better ?

Kind Regards

Rob

I recently bought a new D-760 with US gen 3 pinnie tube..expensive but compared to what you pay in UK far far cheaper and a lot better tube...i can put you in touch with the guy if you are interested rob ? 760s are i think the best dedicated NV scope and if you want a add on then a PVS 14 or similar again US tube...i personnally would not bother with Gen 2 or the higher spec gen 2s.

Mick

Well after a number of enquirers to acquire a NV set up from the makers of Kite I received the following e-mail:-

Robert,

Thanks for your email; regrettably we are unable to sell any of our current Night Vision equipment to persons or organizations other than Governmental, acting in the interest of National Security.

This has not always been the case so there are a few companies advertising CWS (KITE) which potentially could be old or copied stock, so if you do intend to buy a CWS from another source I would suggest the following:

· Check to see if it has a MOD strike plate, this could indicate MOD Property. (MOD do not sell old ones)

· Able to adjust bore sight (ZERO)

· Burn marks on the tube (ghost image)

· When it was last purged (red screws)

· Night time performance ( you would be surprised how many people buy night vision in the day)

· What model of II tube is in the sight.

Will be happy to answer any further questions you may have regarding Night Vision and my apologies for not being able to help you further with your request.

Best regards

Mark

Mark Faux

Sales & Marketing Manager

Qioptiq | Email: Mark .Faux@uk.qioptiq.com | Mobile: +44 7818 571 438

Main: +44(0)1745 588000 | Direct: +44(0)1745 588256 | Fax: +44(0)1745 588350

Glascoed Road | St. Asaph, Denbighshire | LL17 0LL | United Kingdom | www.qioptiq.com

Well after a number of enquirers to acquire a NV set up from the makers of Kite I received the following e-mail:-

Robert,

Thanks for your email; regrettably we are unable to sell any of our current Night Vision equipment to persons or organizations other than Governmental, acting in the interest of National Security.

This has not always been the case so there are a few companies advertising CWS (KITE) which potentially could be old or copied stock, so if you do intend to buy a CWS from another source I would suggest the following:

· Check to see if it has a MOD strike plate, this could indicate MOD Property. (MOD do not sell old ones)

· Able to adjust bore sight (ZERO)

· Burn marks on the tube (ghost image)

· When it was last purged (red screws)

· Night time performance ( you would be surprised how many people buy night vision in the day)

· What model of II tube is in the sight.

Will be happy to answer any further questions you may have regarding Night Vision and my apologies for not being able to help you further with your request.

Best regards

Mark

Mark Faux

Sales & Marketing Manager

Qioptiq | Email: Mark .Faux@uk.qioptiq.com | Mobile: +44 7818 571 438

Main: +44(0)1745 588000 | Direct: +44(0)1745 588256 | Fax: +44(0)1745 588350

Glascoed Road | St. Asaph, Denbighshire | LL17 0LL | United Kingdom | www.qioptiq.com

Rob if it's a kite you want i know of a nice maxi just been serviced at a cost of (£500) if t you want me to put you intouch with the guy it has a Litton tube in it drop us a pm

Have a look at a write up on the Hunting Life Forum, someone has tested Archers Kites 760s 430,Envis, PVS-14 looks quite intersting, He quotes as PVS-14 is best add on and 430 is best dedicated scope.... I use Archer myself does the job well, but considering a dedicated scope, anyone know where 760,430s are avaliable from..

Mike...

Ye your right there micky, was only offering if he had his heart set on one, but for not much more he could have a all sing n dancing D760 like mine when it lands :D

Yep if your gonna spend a hell of a lot of money then spend that wee bit more and buy once.

Archived