This came home with us today.

Davy

I have wanted a rifle for sport hunting competitions and the wife had space on her ticket and a desire for something Danish so we opted for this.

6.5-284 Schultz & Larsen M97-DL Sporter.

Today was mostly set aside to get the 'scope mounted, zero and shoot one, clean, shoot one, clean and so on, so far it seems to like a diet of 139 Scenar's and N560. The rifle has a switch barrel system and barrels can be swapped out in a matter of minutes, I just tried it and certainly three minutes without rushing is possible they also come factory bedded which seems reasonable. S&L made their name with TR barrels and to this day they only cut rifle their barrels, they also hot tin lap every barrel. Shooting it in I noticed the initial patches coming out as black as I have ever seen and that was after a first clean. Copper fouling has already started to drop away but so far it has only had ten shots through it so a bit more work yet. It would have been nice to adopt the shoot one let it stand with bore foam for 24 hours, shoot one, but at that rate I doubt I would get it shot in this year!

5759060042_cb2be67e30_z.jpg

Very nice. Not dissimilar in appearance to the old Tikka sporter. What scope have you got mounted on it? I can see the Kahles logo but what model?

Rgds

G

Yes it is very similar to the Tikka Master Sporter, the 'scope is a Kahles is the K312 with 3-12x Magnification with a mildot reticle in FFP. Wife assured me Kahles was the way to go and the glass certainly is crisp.

As already said looks very nice, do you have any plans for additional barrels??

How long is the 6.5-284 barrel Davy ?

The barrel is 630mm so just under 25" long, barrels are on a very long delivery but the good news is when they arrive you just slot them in, no head spacing to worry about. Right now no plans to add additional calibres but I may investigate a heavier 6.5-284 barrel depending on how this one goes, we are both used to 30"+ and a lot heavier profile and this one looks very skinny!

That is lovely!! Where did you get it from if you dont mind me asking?

This one came from Fultons of all places. We had one in 6.5x55 on order from the distributor (Century Trading) however they were quoting 12+ weeks, I mentioned it on another forum and someone said Fultons had this one, apparently they got four in a couple of years ago and this was the last one they had. Fultons are notoriously expensive but this was GBP650 cheaper than the distributor, and it came with a new set of Apel mounts and rings thrown in. Downside was they were 1" so yet again forums come good, I tracked down a set of 34mm Apel rings and mounts for 60 quid. (That is a serious bargain in Apel terms)

The final icing on the cake was the K312 - it came from a shop in Inverness and was an ex shop display model and had never been fitted to a rifle, I ordered it on a bank holiday Friday and it turned up at 09:30 the following morning and just under half the list price.........

You know how you drive down the local High Street and all the lights turn green as you get to them, that was how it felt putting this system together, and it shoots as well. :rolleyes:

Archived