Sinclair Bullet Seating Depth Tool

n8ess

I am looking to put an order in with Sinclair and I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on their Bullet Seating Depth Tool.

Does anyone have one and if so how have you found it to work with? I was considering the Hornady but they are about the same price and I assummed the Sinclair one would be more accuarte.

I have remington an sako actions? do I need any to oder any other items to go with this? I am assuming you just get the kit and use a fired case.

ATB

Neil

I am looking to put an order in with Sinclair and I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on their Bullet Seating Depth Tool.

Does anyone have one and if so how have you found it to work with? I was considering the Hornady but they are about the same price and I assummed the Sinclair one would be more accuarte.

I have remington an sako actions? do I need any to oder any other items to go with this? I am assuming you just get the kit and use a fired case.

ATB

Neil

I have no idea what the Sinclair device does or how it works, but I'd recommend the Hornady since it's actually the Stoney Point OAL Gauge which Hornady took over. I've had mine (branded Stoney Point) for years and regard it highly: it works especially well if you get an engineer-savvy friend with a lathe (Hi Dave!) to produce a custom "modified case", taking one of your fired cases and threading it to fit the Gauge rather than using the factory standard "modified case". If used carefully and consistently I find this tool works reliably to produce accurate figures for jump-to-lands distance and subsequently your seating die adjustment. Not horribly expensive either.

HTH - Tony

ATB

Neil

your welcome n8ess the hornady one for sale now days is a direct replacement for the original ~~Stoney point

ATB

Neil

I use the sinclair tool,I have found it to be the best on the market,no need for dummy case no need to guess the average size,its bang on the money first time every time

Archived