Chrony F1 any good ?

Devil_bri

Hi Devil_Bri I have one not the best thats for sure all depends on wheather conditions tempromental but again down to cost so all i can say is you get what you pay for but after saying that all chronys i was told are not a 100% all the time

I got the CED millenium chrony a few years back and then 6 months later got the infra red kit for it and since have found it to be reliable and only misses the odd shot as even the best chronys do

would recomend one of these or save pennies for ohller etc

all depends how often you feel you will need to use it to justify expenditure

I bypassed the F1 as i felt it looked cheap and general opinion at the time i was looking was that they wasn't great

JMO

cheers

Ian

As with most things in life, you get what you pay for. As a means of checking things are as they should be and not a mile out they work fine. I have a pair, quite useful for doing twin-speed measurement to compare predicted drag against real drag etc. Generally seem to pick up bullets, occasionally doesn't but on the whole not a bad piece of kit for the money. Still a little confused by the readings I was getting off my main one whilst working up a load with .224 75gn A-Max bullets... although I was expecting them to be motoring I didn't expect 4000FPS! Will see what the Ohler has to say about that... I'll settle for a more pedestrian 3750-3800 :D

Cheers,

Pat.

Both C18RCH and myself have F1's they seem pretty consistent, exept that there is a 50fps discrepancy between them. We need to find another chrono to check them against.

They seem relatively tolerant of the inevitable minor misalignment ant do produce the ocasional misreading but they are usually far enough out to be discarded with ease.

The hinged box is very secure when closed but needsxa catch to hold it rigid when trying to balance it on rough ground without a proper support.

Rup

Archived