Yukon Digital NV Ranger Pro 5x42

andybrock

ANDY- i have used one for about 18 months now,i have fitted a mount to the underside to attach a laser with this i can get a clear image and recognition/eye shine of rabbits out to 300yds and charlie even further.i spot with these as i have a gen111 add on[pvs 14]this allows me to place the rifle down out of the way till i spot something.

they do take a little getting used to because of the depth of view and the laser your brain tries to compensate with your vision its no problem after 10-15 mins.

i bought mine 2nd hand for good money,they also help with background recognition [safe backstop]which is very important with nv.if you get one buy some good rechargable batteries that are of the correct voltage- i use fujicell 2800miamp they need to be between2700-2900miamp for the ranger.i bought mine from a company called QD LTD[google them]with a charger in a set.

if you do a lot of rabbiting/foxing on well lamped ground then buy a ranger pro i have shot a fair few foxes this way without shining a lamp.

Thanks Gary,

I'm getting an Archer add on in the next couple of months and wanted a seperate device for spotting with not fancying taking off the Archer for spotting and then replacing to take the shot, have you got a pic you could post of your ranger with laser mod?

Cheers

Andy

my mate has one of these he doen't use any more as he doesn't like the black and white image compared to the green having said that it's a good unit but it does take some getting use to espeacaily the focus as said above i have tracked foxes out well past 250 yards with a laser mounted and still had recognition

As most of my night shooting is done from the Disco; I've attached my 'pro' to a cheapy LCD viewer (£12 from the 'bay), so I can sit with my coffee watching telly!!. Continuous use of the 'pro' does pull your eye out, but as already written, recognition of fox is easy to distances well beyond that at which I want to shoot them at night.

I have a digital Ranger Pro yes the PRO for sale if you want it, I used it a few times and find the laser very powerfull knocks spots of the normal ranger, I dont need it any more as I use two Archers, !!

I have a digital Ranger Pro yes the PRO for sale if you want it, I used it a few times and find the laser very powerfull knocks spots of the normal ranger, I dont need it any more as I use two Archers, !!

the built in infra red on the pro is sh**e dont know where you get that from?

Yes could be true but mine has two built in one is not very powerfull the second stage is very powerfull and at best two powerfull gives white out, but you can ! find the sweet spot, Its fiddely to use but I have two Archers and the Yukon Pro is good value for the money,if people are not happy with the Yukon Pro then spend another grand and buy an Archer after 9 months of scope testing and messing about then you / he might be happy.

Pays your money and takes your choice as they say.

i have a ranger pro and attached a laser myself-as for the archer iv had one and unless you get a mint tube then they are pretty and overpriced.

been down that road and decided to cough up and buy a mil spec gen 111 add on beats any archer with a big stick ,mmm didnt know rangers had 2 illuminators you must have the extra special one.

i have a ranger pro and attached a laser myself-as for the archer iv had one and unless you get a mint tube then they are pretty and overpriced.

been down that road and decided to cough up and buy a mil spec gen 111 add on beats any archer with a big stick ,mmm didnt know rangers had 2 illuminators you must have the extra special one.

Yes I agree you definatly need a good tube with the archer I have seen some poor ones from them, but in fairness they have changed them for better ones. What is a Mil Spec Gen 111 is this a tube or an actual unit.

Regards..

Yes I agree you definatly need a good tube with the archer I have seen some poor ones from them, but in fairness they have changed them for better ones. What is a Mil Spec Gen 111 is this a tube or an actual unit.

Regards..

not getting into a numpty moment with you if you know anything about nv you will know what i am reffering to.

trouble with the archer is the fluffle valves keep eroding!

how much r they

Archived