dogtown bullets

22-250jock

A friend of mine, who is an experienced reloader, tried dogtown bullets a couple of years back.

Never again, he says.

Not tried them myself, but more than happy to heed his advice.

We have been trying Varmint Grenades in 62g 6mm/.243 and are both very impressed with accuracy and end result with them set on 41 grains of N140, sitting 10 thou off the lands.

This is just what we have found that works, and is not written in stone nor a recommendation.

Mark

you are indeed correct that the midway dogtown bullets are manufactured by Nosler. I have shot them in a couple of my rifles and they seem to group ok. Based on the results of myself and others we have found that these bullets can be accurate as long as you don't push them to fast. Start with a load toward the bottom of the recommended starting point and work up slowly. These bullets are a great deal once you find a load that will work for them.

Brad

anyone out there tried dogtown bullets from midway, have found various reviews that state they are made by nosler.

can anyone confirm this, as they are pretty cheap and could be ideal for bunny bashing

regards jock

I notice there's no mention of restrictions on the sale of expanding bullets that I can see on the MidwayUK site. Do they do mail order sales for these bullets? Just curious.

I notice there's no mention of restrictions on the sale of expanding bullets that I can see on the MidwayUK site. Do they do mail order sales for these bullets? Just curious.

LAURIE.i tried to order some before xmas and got no where -hp ammo is expanding according to them,sooo-a bit of sweet talking to someone in the usa and a nice box turned up with 2000 lead weights!strange that nosler make fishing weights.

just trying them out[20gn] and in the .17 rem they are doing well the fireball will take a bit more coaxing but im on the right track for the money £8.50/100 cant complain at all!

garyw,

how well did they do in the furball?

my mate fancies trying the 20g, can order them no prob through our local gun shop without having to pay p&p, they just add it to their monthly order, at £59 for 500 they would be ideal cheap rounds

cheers jock

JOCK-just trying them with h322 im stoking them up a bit as they seem to want to go warp factor 6 -i only tried 2 loads in the 17 rem as i shoot the 20gn vmax as my pet load with v135,the second load went 5 shots for .600 witha little seating depth tweek i will better that but the fireball seems a bit more picky the barrel twist is not helping-1/10 in my cooper but i will get it to .600 or better then that will do no point chasing something that isnt there.these will be used mainly on bunnys and the odd crow i dont know if they have the stopping power for charlie but we will test them out soon!they are well worth the money but dont expect bench rest accuracy :D

Archived