case trimmer advice

sauer

hi folks

im thinking bout getting a case trimmer....i currently use a lee zip trim :blush:

and i know nowt bout them..just thought might be a way to "improve" my homeloading,

i dont want summit that gonna increase my time doing case prepping by loads and loads etc.

and not thinking bout mega cost .....

also i load for .25-06 & .22-250 so what other extras other than the trimmer itself would i need etc

recommendations for what one etc??

any advice welcome

sauer /paul

Sauer,

Some case-trimmers are 'cartridge specific' - others are universal and will do most cartridge cases.

You are probably better off with the universal type.

One drawback with some of the universal trimmers - some have a strange 'stepped' collet to grip the case. These are not that positive and I much prefer the method used by the Lyman Acculine trimmer. It's the cheapest of their range and it uses a press-type shell-holder to grip the case. If you buy it with the carbide cutter (same price as the trimmer!) it will last a lifetime.

Vince

hi folks

im thinking bout getting a case trimmer....i currently use a lee zip trim :blush:

and i know nowt bout them..just thought might be a way to "improve" my homeloading,

i dont want summit that gonna increase my time doing case prepping by loads and loads etc.

and not thinking bout mega cost .....

also i load for .25-06 & .22-250 so what other extras other than the trimmer itself would i need etc

recommendations for what one etc??

any advice welcome

sauer /paul

Sauer,

I use a RCBS trimmer with motor, it's quick and with the correct attachments it will trim, chamfer and deburr in one operation. If you trim cases in odd calibres the pilots are easy to make on a lathe. The only disadvantage is the use of specific shell holders for different diameter cases, the trimmer does not have a universal chuck,

Alan

Archived