UKV GF Challenge shoot 2011

kip270

Well yet again the weather held for us and our annual UKV Challenge shoot held at Graham Farmers, our 3rd year and next year we hope to have a few more members attending as this is a cheap days shooting with a superb host and like minded people. A diverse range of targets and ranges, and amongst all it challenges everyone's skills with their rifle.

The full write up i am hoping to complete by the end of the week (trying to juggle work, DIY projects to keep the other half happy etc.)

But a bit thankyou to Graham yet again, Grant for all your hard work (yes next year we will have someone else scoring) and to all of you that made it a great day out, thanks Gill for the cakes and tea making.

Well done Duey for being the 2011 winner, and as soon as grant gets a chance i will post all the results.

The UKV shooters line up 2011

CSC_3701.jpg

It was a great day. Thanks to all for not stringing me up for the duff scoring....lol...

Kip now has the scores & will publish them shortly. I have a few pics to post but as i struggle with putting names to faces, never mind putting handles to names to faces, i'll tag those handles i can remember..

Grant..

P1000035.jpg

Prepping for the 600 yd + detail.

P1000033.jpg

Kip prone for the 234 yd clays.

P1000032.jpg

234yd clays. The dayglo were full size.. Blacks were midis.

P1000029.jpg

Kip & Grham farmer doing thier stuff at 600+.

P1000030.jpg

Up to 100 yd clays off sticks & downhill. It caught a few of us out for sure...

P1000028.jpg

Graham & Kip.

P1000048.jpg

Our tea & cake darling Gill spotting for us..

P1000044.jpg

Still trying to hit clays at 600+.

P1000039.jpg

The ubiquitous AICS on the line..

P1000038.jpg

630 yds to the far hedge & gong. A changeable wind wasn't going to give us an easy time ..

P1000040.jpg

P1000037.jpg

P1000031.jpg

upto 100 yard clays shot downhill off sticks.

Fantastic day, the weather as can be seen from the photos could not have been better.

It was nice to put a couple more names to internet handles.

Many congratulations to Duey, who shot consistently excellently all day.

Thanks to Graham once again for hosting the event, and Grant and Kips organisation. Also another thanks to Gill for the cakes and tea making.

Grant at least you did not need too many fingers to count my score this year, I was frankly useless all day..... :lol:

regards

jma

well thanks to all those that attended .every one seemed to enjoy them selves and i challenged a few people with the layout but it was only presenting situations that would occur in normal day to day shooting.

many thanks to gill for doing the tea and coffee though out the day and for providing the cakes.

there where many makes and calibers used by us all and no one had a out an out advantage with the course of fire and it was a pleasure to try a few calibers never fired before and to find noise and cartridge size can be deceptive.

again hope everyone enjoyed it and see you all again next year hopefully.

graham.

Archived