.260 Rem feeding?

njc110381

Hi guys. I'm seriously considering having my .243 CZ550 rebarrelled to .260 Rem. The only thing stopping me is potential feed issues from the magazine. I assume because the case is changed so little it will be fine? I don't want to end up with a single shot and will be using it as a stalking gun pure and simple. No long range amazing accuracy needed - I just miss my 6.5 swede so want to shift back to something similar but different.

How hard would it be to convert? And how about OAL in the magazine?

My 260ai is on a Remmy 700 action an people said it wouldn't feed correctly

Spoke to few gunsmiths who said won't be a problem

My 260ai feeds flawlessly as straight 260 and ad 260ai

A standard 260 Case is no different to a 243 so should be no problem in yours either

Hth

No feed issues with 260 Rem in any action ive built em on..... (Tikka, Sako, Rem and several customs)

Would any of you be kind enough to give me an estimate on cost (potentially getting the work if you want it)? I wouldn't want a posh barrel. Just a blue or stainless basic sporter or fluted example with a screwcut. Whatever works out cheapest!

Hi guys. I'm seriously considering having my .243 CZ550 rebarrelled to .260 Rem. The only thing stopping me is potential feed issues from the magazine. I assume because the case is changed so little it will be fine? I don't want to end up with a single shot and will be using it as a stalking gun pure and simple. No long range amazing accuracy needed - I just miss my 6.5 swede so want to shift back to something similar but different.

How hard would it be to convert? And how about OAL in the magazine?

Mine was built on a Tikka M595 from what was originally .243.... never had a problem with feeding the.260 rounds during 6 or 7 years since it was done. Flawless in fact. Sorry, can't help much on current costs involved, but there are a few on here that are able. Great round for stalking, certainly on Muntjac, Roe and Fallow; I am using mine with 120 Gn Nosler BT's and thinking about trying 130 Accubonds if I can get hold of any.

Best

Peter

I shoot mainly the smaller species so I think it will suit me well. I'm finding the .243 very messy even with bullets designed for larger game. Carcass damage is certainly a great deal more than my 6.5x55 used to create and it's annoying me a little! I shoot mainly Munties and Roe and the last Muntjac I shot was in a real state. I admit the shot placement wasn't perfect and I nailed the shoulders but where I would have been able to cut away brused meat with the 6.5, the .243 near enough took them apart!

I shot two Roe with my .338WM a couple of months back and even that didn't make as much mess as the .243! I admit I'm short on experience with it as I haven't had it long, but so far I'm not that impressed!

Archived