Moderator Comparisons

Hi All

Just thought i would jot now my thoughts regarding moderators i have purchased and used.

I have recently bought:-

1 Sparton End can threaded 14mm in 223 Calibre.

1 Acetec CMM4 threaded 14mm in 243 calibre.

1 Roedale delta Lightweight all alloy job threaded 1/2" x 28tpi in 30.06.

The Sparton as stated by a few posters is very well made superb engineering and great value i have used both it and the CMM4 on the 223 and the acetec i find quieter and lighter.

On the 243 the same mod is excellent.

The Roedale delta is capable of taking out the muzzle flip of the 06 and significantly tames the noise given that it is a shed load of powder going up the barrel.

I am pleased with all 3, i woould be interested in findings from other shooters.

Cheers

eddieb

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, ive got a EVO third eye (sparten) but to be honest people tell me its really loud when i let rip with it on my .22-250,has any body else noted this!!??

Not me. I've got one on 22-250 replacing P8. When foxing, the driver says he can't tell difference. Had to shout at him to get reply, though! (LOL). Also got one on my 7mmWSM. Love them.

I've had a wildcat predator 12 for several years. First on a 308 with a 20 inch barrel and now on the 6.5x47. The baffles are burnt out now so looking at options myself. I'm aware you can just replace the baffles but as I've never been that happy with it's sound reduction, particularly when on the 308, I'd be interested to know if there is a quieter mod out there. Anyone have pes/mae t12? any good?

I've had a wildcat predator 12 for several years. First on a 308 with a 20 inch barrel and now on the 6.5x47. The baffles are burnt out now so looking at options myself. I'm aware you can just replace the baffles but as I've never been that happy with it's sound reduction, particularly when on the 308, I'd be interested to know if there is a quieter mod out there. Anyone have pes/mae t12? any good?

Have a word with your mate Mike W in Llandod...ask him for Colin's number at SP. He may be an option regarding a new mod.

He supplied a couple for lads at the recent 50cal meet on G range.

ATB one less charlie

I've got a TET EVO 8 on my 260 AI and on my 223 before that ant rate it 100% better than the T4 i had before.

My mate had one of them new Roedale mods on his new T3 243 light and it was louder than my 260 kicked a muzzle flash out the end 8" long and he was only using factory Norma ammo, it sunded like my 260 with the mod off :wacko:

i told him to get his money back

I will be getting the new Spartan mod for my new rifle when funds allow, wouldn't have anything else

• 1 month later...

I've got a TET EVO 8 on my 260 AI and on my 223 before that ant rate it 100% better than the T4 i had before.

My mate had one of them new Roedale mods on his new T3 243 light and it was louder than my 260 kicked a muzzle flash out the end 8" long and he was only using factory Norma ammo, it sunded like my 260 with the mod off :wacko:

i told him to get his money back

I will be getting the new Spartan mod for my new rifle when funds allow, wouldn't have anything else

I have this type of moderator on a 30.06 with a top end load and while i would agree its not particuarly quiet but as good as the sparton i have, muzzle flip is almost non existant and its nice and light

i havent shot it yet late in the eevning when any flame is really highlighted bit i will try it

Archived