Some Rabbit control with the Hornet.

247sniper

Hi chaps

Had some great weather over the last few days, managed to get out with the cam corder to do a spot of bunnie bashing and got a few on film, thought id share them with you guys.

Hope you enjoy gents,

Steve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i4y9TsseaI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWEJtkPMGII&feature=related

Thanks for taking the trouble to produce these and post them - been grey and wet here, couldn't get out, busy weekend coming up so not much chance unless Sunday evening looks good...

Care to say what sort of video setup you used?

Tony

Very nice shooting, enjoyed watching those. Hornet 35grn Vmax shooter myself and it is a very good round as you have very ably demonstrated.

Thats for the comment guys much appreciated,

The one where i walked in front of the camra was a bit close really, that one was 110 yards and the other two still close were nearly side by side at 155 yard. I shot one earlier on in the evening at 222.5 yards but my mate with his NEW samsung cam corder didnt press the record button :wacko:

Never mind guys, Theres always next time hey

Thanks very much again for your comments, glad you enjoyed them

Steve.

What is your Hornet set up?

It is a CZ 527 .22 hornet, 22 inch fully floated barrel with set trigger. It has a Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5 - 30x 50 scope mounted on top.

I reload using 13 grains of Lilgun and a 35 grain vmax bullet, winchester brass and federal 205 small rifle primers, chronoed at 3058fps with an extream spread of 40fps.

I use Ballistic FTE on my ipod and it seem to work very well.

The one thing i may change to is the 40 grain vmax, as they group equally as well if not better and have a far higher BC then the 35's.

Hope this help mate,

Steve.

Anschutz 17/30 Heavy 22" barrel free floating. 1:14. Bushnell Sportsman 3x9 - 40 scope (cheap I know but very clear), 12.5 grn Lil'Gun , 35 grn Vmax 3000 ft/sec. The brass is marked R P but don't know the name. Zero 150 yards giving groups of 0.432 off a bipod. Wilcat moderator. Has proved very effective on foxes and long range bunnies. Great rifle. Was looking for a CZ 527 but this one became available for little money.

Anschutz 17/30 Heavy 22" barrel free floating. 1:14. Bushnell Sportsman 3x9 - 40 scope (cheap I know but very clear), 12.5 grn Lil'Gun , 35 grn Vmax 300 ft/sec. The brass is marked R P but don't know the name. Zero 150 yards giving groups of 0.432 off a bipod. Wilcat moderator. Has proved very effective on foxes and long range bunnies. Great rifle. Was looking for a CZ 527 but this one became available for little money.

Good stuff fella, sounds a very nice/good set up ;)

Steve.

My son and I both shoot 527 CZ Americans and shoot a lot of rabbits and prairiedogs. HE uses the 35 grain V-Max over 13.5 Lil Gun and I use the Midway Dog Town 34 grain HP. We both use small pistol primers. This is JR taking a longish shot at a prairiedog in a cross wind while leaning on a fence post. Excuse the quality of the film, i didn't process it well.~Andrew

Hell. That link didn't take. I'll work on it.

Guest tisme

It is a CZ 527 .22 hornet, 22 inch fully floated barrel with set trigger. It has a Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5 - 30x 50 scope mounted on top.

I reload using 13 grains of Lilgun and a 35 grain vmax bullet, winchester brass and federal 205 small rifle primers, chronoed at 3058fps with an extream spread of 40fps.

I use Ballistic FTE on my ipod and it seem to work very well.

The one thing i may change to is the 40 grain vmax, as they group equally as well if not better and have a far higher BC then the 35's.

Hope this help mate,

Steve.

I have a CZ 527 Hornet and also using 13grains LIL gun with 35 grains V max. I tried 40grains but they were to long. Have you tried yet and have you removed the spacer in the mag to get them in?

Pete

• 1 month later...

Archived