Hi and I am sorry if Ihave put this in the wrong section. I have been using 55gr sierra in my 223 with 25.5 varget and I can manage a clover leaf at 100 yrds if I perform well but some one gave me some 40g nosler BT. I was amazed how good they shot, my question is wheather a 40 is good enough for fox and to what distance ie max 200yrds or am I better with 55`s.

Guest tisme

HI

I normally use 55gr v max in a 223 but have just bought some cheep 50gr and am using them. In my Hornet I use 35gr v max up to 175yrs away but I do have to place the shot well.

Pete

Hi and I am sorry if Ihave put this in the wrong section. I have been using 55gr sierra in my 223 with 25.5 varget and I can manage a clover leaf at 100 yrds if I perform well but some one gave me some 40g nosler BT. I was amazed how good they shot, my question is wheather a 40 is good enough for fox and to what distance ie max 200yrds or am I better with 55`s.

I SHOOT CHARLIE WITH A .17 REM WITH A "20GN" VMAX OUT TO 200YDS.I reckon you can summise if the 40 is "man enough".

Archived