stock

went out today to check the zero on my .223 as id just given it a good scrubbing and all was going well until the journey home when the strap on my gunslip snapped and dropped the slip onto the tarmac with a horrible expensive sound, i didnt look at the rifle straight away as i was scared of what damage the drop may have inflicted. so on as soon as i got home i took the rifle out and had a look, the stock has a horrible crack straight through it!. im quite keen to get this repaired either by a gunsmith or by myself depending on the difficulty involved. anyway heres the pictures

IMG_0521.jpg

zeroing

IMG_0523.jpg

before the drop

IMG_0524.jpg

after the drop

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

slight silver lining in that i have another stock for the rifle and that the actual rifle and scope are undamaged

went out today to check the zero on my .223 as id just given it a good scrubbing and all was going well until the journey home when the strap on my gunslip snapped and dropped the slip onto the tarmac with a horrible expensive sound, i didnt look at the rifle straight away as i was scared of what damage the drop may have inflicted. so on as soon as i got home i took the rifle out and had a look, the stock has a horrible crack straight through it!. im quite keen to get this repaired either by a gunsmith or by myself depending on the difficulty involved. anyway heres the pictures

IMG_0521.jpg

zeroing

IMG_0523.jpg

before the drop

IMG_0524.jpg

after the drop

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

slight silver lining in that i have another stock for the rifle and that the actual rifle and scope are undamaged

Do you not have any contents insurance that will cover it?

Dave

• 1 month later...

IMG_0521.jpg

zeroing

IMG_0523.jpg

before the drop

IMG_0524.jpg

after the drop

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

Just discovered your post, if your stock still needs repair please get in touch as I would be happy to do a free job in return for a chance to look at your Cam rifle,

Alan

Just discovered your post, if your stock still needs repair please get in touch as I would be happy to do a free job in return for a chance to look at your Cam rifle,

Alan

stock is now repaired but if your ever in the area you would be welcome for a go on the rifle

Archived