I keep seeing the firebird banner flashing up at the bottom of various pages.

Look like they may be the nearest we'll get to Tannerite in UK....which could be a big :)

Anyone got any experience of using them (with either rifles or clay shooting)?

I keep seeing the firebird banner flashing up at the bottom of various pages.

Look like they may be the nearest we'll get to Tannerite in UK....which could be a big :)

Anyone got any experience of using them (with either rifles or clay shooting)?

I made some tannerite type things before and were on parr with power and blast but with the way things are in the world today it hard to pass it off as good fun.

do you think there is a big market for this Brown dog?

I made some tannerite type things before and were on parr with power and blast but with the way things are in the world today it hard to pass it off as good fun.

do you think there is a big market for this Brown dog?

lee,

I don't know; think the firebirds look as though they'd be great fun.

But the tannerite, as I think you might be alluding, I'm not sure where it sits (Tannerite not the firebird targets) in relation to crossing the line where you pop up on the Radar of someone who'll have a whole load of "no ha-ha" about what you're doing. I suspect you could only use it somewhere genuinely remote. I'd be interested to hear about your tannerite experience; I'll drop you a PM.

• 4 weeks later...

I have shot quite a few of these and they are great fun. The sniper fire ones (for use with HV rifles) work especially well. I should have some footage tomorrow of me shooting one at reasonably long range and it definitely works. Will hopefully get an edited version uploaded to youtube tomorrow and will post a link for you.

The clay pigeon reactive targets work well also.

After Halloween and friend and I bought out Tesco's in Helston, Cornwall of all their left over pumpkins, we had a round 60 all together! Pumpkins make great reactive targets! And if you stuff a couple of firebird targets into a pumpkin which you then shoot (at a safe distance) they are even more reactive!! (Pumpkin grenade!)

They are slightly expensive but are a lot of fun. Although I am careful to pick up all targets used to make sure cattle don't accidentally eat them!

I will try and get some videos posted up tomorrow.

Archived