PSG question

Having shot my friends PSGun a few weeks ago i was quite surprised how much fun it was.

Being mainly a pistol and rifle shooter over here in Northern Ireland the only shotgunning i do is on my farm over the crop fields decoying crows and have always shot over and unders as i detested shooting S/A when hunting.

After shooting his gun it has changed my mind for this purpose only, put a big smile on my face. :)

From doing a bit of research on guns i understand that the Benelli seems to be the dogs danglers here and i see that one can buy quite a few bells and whistles for them like extended magazines etc.

Im thinking of giving this malarchy a go and im wondering if i should buy the m2 practical version or should i just buy the fiels version and put theese bits and bobs onto it.

Which way would it be more cost effective.

Im new to this discipline so my knowledge on it is limited.

Regards

Garry

The m2 practical is a fine gun...i have one, but it has drawbacks. It is ported, which immediatly puts you in modified class, if not "open". It has ghost ring sights, which are never used, and the front one isn,t removable. Its also expensive.

You are better off buying a cheaper model, or a s/h one then adding these bits. Extended mag tube. Nordic mag clamp, custom bolt release button, welded up carrier, picatinney rail for red dot. You can also have the loading port radiussed, and polished, and the spring balanced etc.

Its all about making the operating controls faster.

The benelli is the best psg gun out there, but at a price. The best value for money at the minute is the winchester sx3 but its not the same quality, but still an excellent shottie.

I jist took a peek at youre site there.

Can you supply me with all those bits direct from you or do you have to send them to an RFD over here for me to collect?

Have you any ideas of how much these items would cost?

Say an extended mag with barrel clamp

Benelli thumb jobbie

Picatinny

Slug sight

Bolt handle

Etc

My FAC is in Belfast at the mo getting a few more pistols on but when it comes back i will be applying for one.

Garry

Parts can be supplied Garry, but its not as simple as that. Most require fitting and setting up correctly to work properly. It would be worth your while to have the work done, because a badly set up gun can be bloody infuriating when you dont know why something isn,t working as it should.

Benelli,s are ALL female too. :lol:

Do well Dave.

N I firearms dep are hellish slow, i mean it normal for an application to take 6-7 montjs. So just incase u wonder in a few months why you havent heard from me yet.

Ill be back onto you about it tho!

Thanks

Garry

Archived