Any body into Amateur Radio ??

varmartin

Are there any Amateur Radio operators amongst us ?

A friend of mine has quite a good set up and I am interested in taking my license

as i have a couple radios that require it if I transmit on them...

As I have been involved in electronics all my working life I find it fascinating that if the conditions are favourable it is possible to have contact with another person on the other side of the world ...

I used to have AM/FM CB radios when I was a lad, and regularly had contact in the west coast of the USA....today I managed India or so I thought !!....well the chap was Indian and worked for the local TAXI firm .. :lol::lol:

So...any one on here use radio ? If you do or did I may be in the market to purchase some gear..... B)

Are there any Amateur Radio operators amongst us ?

A friend of mine has quite a good set up and I am interested in taking my license

as i have a couple radios that require it if I transmit on them...

As I have been involved in electronics all my working life I find it fascinating that if the conditions are favourable it is possible to have contact with another person on the other side of the world ...

I used to have AM/FM CB radios when I was a lad, and regularly had contact in the west coast of the USA....today I managed India or so I thought !!....well the chap was Indian and worked for the local TAXI firm .. :lol::lol:

So...any one on here use radio ? If you do or did I may be in the market to purchase so gear..... B)

CQ CQ CQ DX Martin lol

It just so happens I did aswell lol stated off on AM in the late 70s about 1978 and progressed onto SSB with a cobra 148 and stalker9

then onto big boys toys,I had a KENWOOD TS 440S but I be a pirate ah haaa

still got the ol bugger somewhere

CQ CQ CQ DX Martin lol

It just so happens I did aswell lol stated off on AM in the late 70s about 1978 and progressed onto SSB with a cobra 148 and stalker9

then onto big boys toys,I had a KENWOOD TS 440S but I be a pirate ah haaa

still got the ol bugger somewhere

Hi jon....

If you have still got it and you want it to go to a good home ...pm me

I would love to take it off your hands if you want to work a deal ? :D

Regards

Martin

Archived