Bullet pointing

Elwood

Thanks for the comments German ive been an avid follower of yours for a while, leading on to my thoughts abpout meplat filling ill give it a go in the very near future. At this moment in time im working on a little idea i have with regards to pointing i want to see the results before i do a lot of divulging. Just incase my idea is foobar.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I managed to test the Crusader using Tubbs pointed DTACs and my trimmed and pointed DTACs today at 1000 yards on Stickledown, and found no difference between the two bullets, elevation was 22 MOA for both targets (15 plus 2 sighter's).

I must add that the DTAC out the box is already quite pointed but I thought trimming the meplat and then pointing again would have shown a little bit of difference.

The Crusader held very good vertical (1/2 MOA) except for several shots that fell low on both targets, nothing went high. I thought this might be me or perhaps some inconsistency in reloading but then Vince told me it had been happening to shooters all morning.

Jury is definitely out on the pointing but I will have another play next month with the DTACs and the Sierra 180 Mk's.

There was a slight and I mean slight cross wind, just enough to catch you out if you didn't notice the subtle change, which on several occasions I didn't.

If the low shots had been level with the rest I would have scored 72.4 with both cards, had it been a league match there would have been quite a few 75's scored.

I have no idea what caused the low shots, if it happens again then I will put it down to me or the loads.

• 9 months later...

Archived