Case annealing/concentricity

MJR

I've just made myself a case annealer. It looks a bit prototypeish but seems to work ok - if anyone can tell me how to post a video I'll put it up. Anyway I annealed 10 .243 cases and loaded them just for a comparison against non annealed reloads. One thing I noticed is an improvement in neck concentricity and the bullets seat like silk with 2 thou grip. The runout averages 1 thou over the 10 cases measured on the bullet shank. Has anyone noticed similar?

Not checked mine yet but annealing should even up the neck tension on cases that have been work hardened from several firings and resizings. My reloads are usually pretty good on neck concentricity so I might not seen a difference but good for you if yours are better.

I've just made myself a case annealer. It looks a bit prototypeish but seems to work ok - if anyone can tell me how to post a video I'll put it up. Anyway I annealed 10 .243 cases and loaded them just for a comparison against non annealed reloads. One thing I noticed is an improvement in neck concentricity and the bullets seat like silk with 2 thou grip. The runout averages 1 thou over the 10 cases measured on the bullet shank. Has anyone noticed similar?

I find that after annealing they seat smoothly and consistently resembling the suppleness of brand new cases. I have not measured run-out differences in annealed vs non-annealed.

Archived