Target paper / card

What's the best type of paper/card to use for printing your own targets on? I've used standard printer paper and 90g card but neither seems to get a good clean bullet hole they seem to rip and tear making group measurements difficult, any recommendations?

Cheers

Andy

Funny you ask this. I've just finished printing some targets for tomorrow.

I use 160g/m2 card which works very well.

Like you I got fed up of targets tearing, you should be fine with this weight card.

Cheers

Dave

Funny you ask this. I've just finished printing some targets for tomorrow.

I use 160g/m2 card which works very well.

Like you I got fed up of targets tearing, you should be fine with this weight card.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for that, I'll see what Staples have in tomorrow.

I use a4 paper [cheap as chips]and mark my own targets with a 10mm "o"ring thats been coated with an ink pad[cheap as chips] ifind this is all i need and get clean holes in the paper.

i find the target is best if it has a cardboard backer plenty of cardboard about.even cheaper cos its free.

can you tell im a tight ar*e or what?

I laminate any I intend to keep, load development targets in particular. It gives nice clean holes plus the added benefit of helping stop the ink running or paper falling apart if they get wet. A bit more expensive than card but nothing compared with wasted components if the paper falls apart.

Archived