hi fellas looking for advice which is the best if that is the right question to ask swarovski optic laser guide range finder 8x30 or leica rangemaster crf 1200 in the market to up date and buy new range finder and replace my leica crf 800 which is for sale if anybody intrested

thanks for your reply i have thought about the swaro one of the problems i have with the leica 800 is in snow and rain to get a reading i wonder how do you find it and would the swaro give that same trouble thanks

I dont know what others could say about use in snow and rain but ive had the leica for about 5 yrs never had a problem and the swaro only recently bought so cant say on that one yet but im sure there will be a few guys on here using swaro...and you cant get better than swaro i dont think.

Mick

Was playing with my mate's CRF1200 today and it's a very nice little toy, true pocket size. Was giving as quick (and surprise, surprise, the same) readings as my Geovids up to 900yds which is as far as I tried it. I'd have NO hesitation buying one.

Chris-NZ

thanks for that i was in scotland with my mate he as the leica 12oo and i the 800 both of us was having the same problem in the snow trying to get a reading so much so that i change my battery twice but still the same have thought about the swaro 1600 but still trying to find out if they suffer from the same problem ?

I have a pair of the swaro RF and I think they're great I've had readings out as far as 1900+yds I use them for scanning for my next victim instead of my bins. Only once did I not get a reading in all that snow we just had, plus there was a little bit of light fog/mist but other than that I've used them at dawn day dusk and night and always had a reading. I tend to hold the button down an use the scan function more. I want to have a look through some geovids to see if it's worth me upgrading to them as they are bins/RF in one an 2 eyepieces to look through rather than one on the swaros. But all in all the swaros are great

Hth Richard

thanks for that the more i look at the swaro the more i am tempted to try one been on the phone to swillington £699 very tempted to go and buy one they will take part ex on my leica 800 r/f how do you find your conquest scope i have a scmidt and bender 4x16x50 long range hunter on my 223 how would it compare with that do you think fancy a conquest

thanks for that the more i look at the swaro the more i am tempted to try one been on the phone to swillington £699 very tempted to go and buy one they will take part ex on my leica 800 r/f how do you find your conquest scope i have a scmidt and bender 4x16x50 long range hunter on my 223 how would it compare with that do you think fancy a conquest

Value for money the conquest is brilliant, not been into shooting all that long and had cheaper scope before but since having the conquest I wouldn't have anything else. I bought it secondhand so was cheaper again, if I was to buy new I would choose a different reticule to what I have as I don't use/need hash markings I dail in.

You have a pm inbound

Atb Richard

ricard is right the conquest is a superb scope. i have had two of them and still got one. the no4 rectical which was very easy to lock onto foxes under the lamp and good for deer i bet when stalking..

but the rectical is two thick for targets and long ranges bunnys though it covers them. sold that and got a zplex rectical conquest. ideal rectical fine enough to see stuff at longer range. but not to fine you lose it in the lamp at night.

thing i like with the conquest is there very light scope's being 25mm tube. if you can find one snap it up you wont be sorry thats for sure.

Archived