why!!!!!!!

hear all the time people building a rifle on a sako 591 75 or a remmy 700 action but why do i never hear of a rifle being built on a tika t3 action

bruxie

you can have a rifle built on any action you like, your the customer.

the reason you see people ask for the above mentioned actions is they are known for being of good build quality and also a bit of a fashion statement too :lol:

i know of several rifle builds on the T3 actions ;)

Quite simple. The T3 is a long action . The gun buying public have this silly perception that a long action is inferior....when it isn,t. Its only drawback is it hits you in the nose if you have a large bugle [ like myself]

Seriously, there are less aftermarket stocks and mag systems available for long action of any make, but thats all. The T3 is a good action.

Quite simple. The T3 is a long action . The gun buying public have this silly perception that a long action is inferior....when it isn,t. Its only drawback is it hits you in the nose if you have a large bugle [ like myself]

Seriously, there are less aftermarket stocks and mag systems available for long action of any make, but thats all. The T3 is a good action.

Dave, what solutions are available for the recoil lug?

That's the only real flaw I see with the T3.

edi

Not crossed my mind Edi. Its not a perfect system i would admit, but i,ve only ever found it a minor inconveniance when assembling etc. There are ways round it when bedding etc. Its a cost cutting excercise, the whole gun was. The yanks told tikka they wanted a $500 gun, and they got it. The 595/695 was too close for comfort to the sako 75.To machine a fixed recoil lug into an action puts a hell of a lot of money onto the price of an action. I know....one is going on our new tactical action. Just the same as a one piece bolt....twice as much material costs, as the blank has to be double the size almost. Then you have machine time/tools to remove all that excess metal.

Not crossed my mind Edi. Its not a perfect system i would admit, but i,ve only ever found it a minor inconveniance when assembling etc. There are ways round it when bedding etc. Its a cost cutting excercise, the whole gun was. The yanks told tikka they wanted a $500 gun, and they got it. The 595/695 was too close for comfort to the sako 75.To machine a fixed recoil lug into an action puts a hell of a lot of money onto the price of an action. I know....one is going on our new tactical action. Just the same as a one piece bolt....twice as much material costs, as the blank has to be double the size almost. Then you have machine time/tools to remove all that excess metal.

I've heard of custom builds on Tikka actions using Remmy style recoil lugs. A good quality steel aftermarket recoil lug

for the T3 would be a start.

For now I made our T3 stock in that way that the original lug fits in, just in the same way as in a factory stock.

edi

• 1 month later...

Archived