Snow report please

NICK

At this moment there is a great deal of snow in the borders was out stalking to day with a long range nut and he shot a nice doe at 200yards off bystick. I think i have changed him in to a stalker instead of a shooter he got a few up close and personal experiences.

Sprags on his Roe Doe.

Spragsbeforetheshot.jpg

spragscheckingcondition.jpg

Well I didnt care for the snow.........the ice.........the fog.............

But still.............................It accounted for 2 deer in the bag.........WHOOO HOOOOO..

post-9913-073499400 1291667765_thumb.jpg

Had a hard Stalk on the saturday which only resulted in 1 hard chance, couldnt get a steady shot on so I didnt take a shot.

After all the hard work on satruday, sunday was a breeze. As we went onto the land past some re-stock, we saw a good group of deer browsing away.

Drove past in the car, got out and stalked back about 100 yards or so down from the track, rifle up onto the sticks, aprox 120 yards and good sized deer on the embankment, about 40 yards in front another roe. Quick breather and first shot released, my buddy watching and us both confirming a hit, a burst of deer from the restock a check and it was down. Another deer down in a hollow, head a neck showing range 80 yards and the second shot was dispatched and so was the deer.

My mate headed back to the car to get his dog and we set her off on the track, she found them within a few mins.

It wasnt the best stalking in the world but I guess lady luck was rewarding us for the effort that we put in the day before. So thanks Lady Luck, ive now got 2 beasts hanging in the back garden...Who needs a chiller in this weather.

Wasnt as bad as 6 pointers, our place is up near Dalry, roads were bit dodgy, lots of ice, couldnt get the car up part of the track on the saturday so that added a good mile or so onto the walk.

Sunday was gorgeous, bit of fog on saturday that wasnt great....

Almost had a galloway across the front of the bonnet when we came off the ground...................might have struggled getting that home.

Archived