Heated gloves and jacket

Hi guys,

While at last year's Shot Show in the US I came across the Thermologic Gear stand and was quite impressed by the quality of their heated hunting products and interesting concept and, more importantly, lightweight rechargeable batteries. I ended up coming back with one of their jackets, a pair of gloves and a pair of glittens. I have been very impressed with their products and found that they come into their own in the kind of weather we are having at the moment. Having now experienced the benefits of the gear I brought back I resent not having bought the heated socks as well, as this is the only area I am still getting cold through. As I remember, they were not particularly expensive. Each individual battery has three settings (High, Medium and Low) and battery life is between 2 and 4 hours depending on the chosen setting. I think this is a good feature and allows you to either turn the batteries down or off as you start moving about and generating your own heat. Each battery pocket has a clear window so you can change battery settings without having to remove the gloves or batteries. I have also seen that Cabela's are now doing a range of heated socks very similar to the Thermologic range, which might be worth a try at $19.99. Cabela's socks use D-cell batteries instead of the more expensive rechargeable option. The glittens can be flipped back to expose an unlined glove that affords great dexterity. Really worth a look.

http://thermologicgear.com

Best,

George

Isn't the danger that they are a bit like an electric bed blanket - over time you get so used to it your body stops bothering to warm itself as efficiently...so when the time comes and the batteries die, you'll freeze your knackers off!?

Isn't the danger that they are a bit like an electric bed blanket - over time you get so used to it your body stops bothering to warm itself as efficiently...so when the time comes and the batteries die, you'll freeze your knackers off!?

I haven't found that. My sessions are hardly ever over 4 hours, so I keep reasonably warm during my outings and when my body starts generating some heat from the activity I just turn the batteries down or off.

Archived