Got the bugger at last!!!!

foxing2night

Well i have been seeing two foxes over the last couple of months and every time the lamp went on they did a disappearing act???,, The fact that the farmer my lamping buddy had chased them with the land-rover a few times :angry:,,,,,

It has been a very difficult time for me as i have got a slipped disc (for the last year),,

So all of my shooting has been done out of the landrover,,,,

Last week we came back to the farm to check on the cows and low and behold when i put the lamp on one fox was out in the open at the side of me!!! lamp off stop landrover and hand the lamp to my mate,,,now i know that this bugger will do a runner very soon???, I used the lecky-window as a rest,, so that the rifle is pointing in the correct direction and at the right height??? Flicked the lamp on and as luck has it i was right on him with very little adjustment,, with seconds to shoot i squeezed the trigger and herd a good solid thump,,,,

Now last week there was a fox coming to the little cow shed were we have got calfing cows,, this fox was at three o-clock in the morning coming thrugh the bars an trying to get the clensing (after birth) that was there,, the two brothers that own the farm start milking at three in the morning??,, and they both stood there and this fox went in and out five times???,, well last night i walk to the back of the farm to check on some new calfs and my mate just stud still with i little hand held lamp trained on a pile of hard core now i know when he stands still with the lamp not moving he has spotted something???,

As i turned my head to the left i could see that there on the side of the pile was a fox standing still like a statue,, ( bloody hell) flip covers up slide safety off, 60 yard standing shot thump seen him roll to the bottom of the pile, big sigh of relief and one very happy farmer,,,,

all the best, Darrel

Well i have been seeing two foxes over the last couple of months and every time the lamp went on they did a disappearing act???,, The fact that the farmer my lamping buddy had chased them with the land-rover a few times :angry:,,,,,

It has been a very difficult time for me as i have got a slipped disc (for the last year),,

Last week we came back to the farm to check on the cows and low and behold when i put the lamp on one fox was out in the open at the side of me!!! lamp off stop landrover and hand the lamp to my mate,,,now i know that this bugger will do a runner very soon???, I used the lecky-window as a rest,, so that the rifle is pointing in the correct direction and at the right height??? Flicked the lamp on and as luck has it i was right on him with very little adjustment,, with seconds to shoot i squeezed the trigger and herd a good solid thump,,,,

Now last week there was a fox coming to the little cow shed were we have got calfing cows,, this fox was at three o-clock in the morning coming thrugh the bars an trying to get the clensing (after birth) that was there,, the two brothers that own the farm start milking at three in the morning??,, and they both stood there and this fox went in and out five times???,, well last night i walk to the back of the farm to check on some new calfs and my mate just stud still with i little hand held lamp trained on a pile of hard core now i know when he stands still with the lamp not moving he has spotted something???,

As i turned my head to the left i could see that there on the side of the pile was a fox standing still like a statue,, ( bloody hell) flip covers up slide safety off, 60 yard standing shot thump seen him roll to the bottom of the pile, big sigh of relief and one very happy farmer,,,,

all the best, Darrel

Good going Darrel its always good when you eventually get the ones that evade us for so long.

Well done mate

all the best, Darrel

Archived