Hows this work then ?

eldon

Right,

so I already have an empty slot for a .20 calibre. Now I fancy a .20 practical and so obviously there isn't any on the shelf... umm.

Say I see a rifle that floats my boat and it is a .223 with a suitable action etc.

How do I buy this to rebarrel when my slot won't allow me to carry out the purchase?

Can I purchase this somehow and hold it as it is (not shoot!) to later rebarrel to the correct configuration.

Due to personal circumstances I can fund the purchase now but not the rebarrel and I have seen a rifle that would be suitable.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

get your frendly rfd to buy it and hold it and give hime a drink eldon thats the only way to do it legally

Find suitable donor action - buy it, but you do not take "possession" of it.

Have it sent to the gunsmith who is doing the work to hold for u untill you are ready to proceed with rebarrel work.

The gunsmith (once rifle rebarrelled and proven) signs your ticket and you take possession.

Simple.

Cheers Guys for your replies.

The law seems a little silly in this respect doesn't it allowing you with a vacant slot no way forward as such.

Ronin, you say "buy it but don't take possesion". I get that and that would be ok if using a shop but how can you do this when the purchase involves an individual who wants to free his ticket up?

How can I buy a .223 rifle(for the action) with a .20 slot?

Archived