Interesting Results

Guest northernchris

Guest northernchris

After 2 years now with the current Steyr SSG in .22-250 i have always found it excellent in every way EXCEPT with the handling with the mod fitted ;) the combination of 24" Heavy barrel,McMillan stock,Harris bipod and Nightforce NSX adding the mod just unbalanced the whole setup.So after a few daft thoughts i looked at shortening the barrel.

So with a spare hour on my hands today i set to in taking 6" off the Steyr :lol::lol: While i was at it on the lathe i cut it for the mod.

The end result a far better balanced rifle with the mod fitted :lol: And still shoots my pet Berger/H380 pretty dam good.

5 Shot group prone off the bipod.

27092007153.jpg

10 Shot group off the bipod.

27092007151.jpg

All in all well worth the time. ;)

nice groups, always snice when a plan comes together.

Guest northernchris

Just in from testing the Steyr over the chrono,my old 69 gr BTHP/N160 has only lost 145 fps after taking the barrel down to 18" :wacko: Also while i was there i ran some of the Hornady factory fodder over the crono on average they were doing 3450 fps which is'nt bad for 55 gr factory.I just posted about this in the handloading forum.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest northernchris

Toby

Here is a couple of pics of the Steyr with A-TEC mod fitted ( Kal dura coated it to match the parkerizing of the barrel action)

06102007155.jpg

06102007156.jpg

Guest varmartin

It looks really sexy now all dressed up in that colour! Did kal do it ? I think Pink is a bit too bright though :lol:

The rifle looks cute too :P

Martin

Martin

Fook i never even noticed someone had painted my truck pink :o Better not let Vim see it then :D

Hi chris nice setup!!! ;):D

Is the nice colour to give them varmints a sporting chance so they can see you!! :P:lol:

Oh yes i do because my wagon is white!!!!! ;) ;)

All the very best...................

RAY............................................... :D :D

Archived